Phantom Touches, Ghost touches, Invisible finger

Do you have problem with phantom touches?

• Total voters
So funny,this never happened to me but it did happen to my cousin playing on my phone,through his hands were sweaty/wet

With the latest update of MIUI (this Friday) and the one before I'm experiencing something like that. Mostly in settings and stock browser i go back to main screen without me touching anything.

Finally can confirm this is a hardware issue in the display/touchscreen part. Couldn't send it back in warranty cause of too expensive shipping fee, so ordered a replacement for the display and touchscreen and replaced yesterday, no more problems of ghost or fake touches.

Finally can confirm this is a hardware issue in the display/touchscreen part. Couldn't send it back in warranty cause of too expensive shipping fee, so ordered a replacement for the display and touchscreen and replaced yesterday, no more problems of ghost or fake touches.

I saw to many people getting problems with self replacement. But my warranty its also bad. My phantom touches are not extremely regular so I think I will wait to make this step for a time that they will boring me more.

Where you ordered the new display? And how about the originality?

I had the same issue with MIUI. Now with CM 11 4.4.4 no one ghost touch my screen
I'm already using CM 11 4.4.4 but tue phantom touch still occurs. I think, my mi2s have hadware problem, maybe the screen digitizer.
I want to change it, but i'm affraid i bought wrong digitizer..
Does anyone know how to identify the original digitizer??

I had the problem with the phantom touches while i was using a wiui rom. After i changed to the latest official the phantom touches stoped but this problem started to happen http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/help-mi-2s-screen-sometimes-becomes-unresponsive.24263/ anyway i bought my phone from minideal and they doesn't seem to care about my problem (they dont respont to my emails) Does anyone know how can i tell if a touchscreen is original or not?

after applying soap and water on the phone, i started to have my 3 capacitive buttons activating by themselves. The only way I can stop it is turning off the display.

wiping data, factory reset, and upgrading ROM does nothing.

after applying soap and water on the phone, i started to have my 3 capacitive buttons activating by themselves. The only way I can stop it is turning off the display.

wiping data, factory reset, and upgrading ROM does nothing.
Congratulations, you just break your screen + digitizer. Certainly doing anything at software level won't help, since the hardware is broken.

Reactions: kirev
thanks for helping

how do i check whether my hardware is broken? what is digitizer?
Bring it to service center. Digitizer is a component whose job is to translate your touches on the screen as a digital signal to be processed by the OS and generate update to the screen.

i hope that it's this simple.

like other users here, problem happens sometimes and may not be reproducible all the time. Hence, there are some that thinks that it may be non-hardware related (low level driver?).

i'll check up on the keyword; digitizer.

Cleaning your screen with soap and water should not break anything. I ad the problem and it disappeared after some time, then appear again ager flashing a rom... So it should be somehow hard and software related.
(I assume we are talking about using carefully a cloth.)

I have the issue with sMIUI, official MIUI 6. I don't have the problem when using mokee ROM. I believe is somehow kernel related. My experience trying different roms shows that if I can control the buttons on my headphones I will get the non responsive screen issue.

Another example of ghost touches

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have the issue with sMIUI, official MIUI 6. I don't have the problem when using mokee ROM. I believe is somehow kernel related. My experience trying different roms shows that if I can control the buttons on my headphones I will get the non responsive screen issue.

For me is just the opposite. All official based MIUI work good, but CM MK AOSP etc have the issue.

Reactions: vittorio
Sorry for my english.

but ..

My Mi2S have same problem to ghost touches.

This problem started after changing the phone display.

Have any solution ? im read this forum but not find a concrete solution.

Ty for help.

Sorry for my english.

but ..

My Mi2S have same problem to ghost touches.

This problem started after changing the phone display.

Have any solution ? im read this forum but not find a concrete solution.

Ty for help.

Hi,
I have the same problem! Changed the screen today and have Phanton touches.
I bought the screen from xioamishop.com.

Did you solved it?

Last edited:
I'm trying to ask some help in the xda developer forum but none has answered yet..
To see it go to xda developer forum
xda-developers -> Xiaomi Mi 2 -> Mi 2 General -> [Q] Touch screen sensivity