Phone Encryption not working with the EU ROM.

You can try without fresh install. just flash the zip and check if rom reboot well and is encrypted.
Coming back to twrp should also ask your password pin to unlock.
In case that fail you should turn back to format all for clean install.
my guess should go fine first trial if fstab is well modified.
EDIT:
If you flash forceencrypt.zip SEPARATELY from a rom you must MOUNT vendor partition before!
Do you know if I can use your file in my Mi8? Or should I get fstab from my mi8 and edit and apply via TWRP?
Just concerned as mi8 vs mi8se could be a problem

Do you know if I can use your file in my Mi8? Or should I get fstab from my mi8 and edit and apply via TWRP?
Just concerned as mi8 vs mi8se could be a problem
That's THE big question I asked myself.
you can check and compare to 2 different files. If no difference that's fine.
Either you can try it. In case of fail you may have to clean install again.
Good luck pioneering this unexplored track!

Reactions: erick314
Thanks for your kindly help !
I got my file from my mi8.
I noticed that your zip file has also other files and also other folders.
When I do and apply
I got my file from my mi8. Please find it attached.

When I apply your file via TWRP, will it apply all those files ? Sorry for such question.
Not sure if I can just go via file manager I. TWRP and manually copy and replace the file.
To get the file attached I did not use adb, I just used File Manager inside TWRP In a manual process .

Just would like to be sure it is a single file or have more files to be changed.

Attachments

• fstab-Mi8.zip.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 594
I got my file from my mi8.
When I do and apply

I got my file from my mi8. Please find it attached.

When I apply your file via TWRP, will it apply all those files ? Sorry for such question.
Not sure if I can just go via file manager I. TWRP and manually copy and replace the file.
To get the file attached I did not use adb, I just used File Manager inside TWRP In a manual process .

Just would like to be sure it is a single file or have more files to be changed.
I am going to check your remark about the zip content, and answer to you.
But if you are able to copy /past while using tWRP file manager it is perfect.( don't forget to mount vendor!)
I started doing it this way in order to see what I was doing '(well or wrong).

1- I've checked your fstab file.
You must modify it at encryptable=ice to be replaced with fileencryption=ice.
Then you can copy it via twrp file explorer to vendor/etc.
2- forceencrypt.zip mi8se. is correct and only the folder vendor/etc is to be open to change fstab.qcom file.
The first part is need to flash it. no worry.
PS: I think MI8 and SE type have the same file...

1- I've checked your fstab file.
You must modify it at encryptable=ice to be replaced with fileencryption=ice.
Then you can copy it via twrp file explorer to vendor/etc.
2- forceencrypt.zip mi8se. is correct and only the folder vendor/etc is to be open to change fstab.qcom file.
The first part is need to flash it. no worry.
PS: I think MI8 and SE type have the same file...

Thanks for your help so far. I tried to manually copy my fstab.com file.

First trial procedure I did but didn´t work:
1- changed fstab file (to add fileencryption=ice) and saved in my download folder;
2- boot into twrp;
3- mount vendor partition;
4- confirmed I can access /vendor/etc/ via TWRP file manager;
4- twrp -> advanced -> file manager . I tried to "CopyFile" from /sdcard/Download to /vendor/etc
But at this stage I get an error in the file operation in TWRP:
cp "/sdcard/Download/fstab.qcom" "/vendor/etc" process ended with ERROR : 1

should I use your ZIP file structure? With :
/META-INF/ with files CERT.RSA , CERT.SF, MANIFEST.MF

/META-INF/com/
/META-INF/com/android/ with files metadata , otacert
/META-INF/com/google/
/META-INF/com/google/android/ with files update-binary , updater-script
/vendor/
/vendor/etc/ with file fstab.qcom

Sorry as I never created a ZIP file to be used or flashed via TWRP. So just want to be sure. So maybe I can do it the right way. If it doesn´t work, I already have global MIUI 11 to apply and start from scratch if needed.

Thanks for your help so far. I tried to manually copy my fstab.com file.

First trial procedure I did but didn´t work:
1- changed fstab file (to add fileencryption=ice) and saved in my download folder;
2- boot into twrp;
3- mount vendor partition;
4- confirmed I can access /vendor/etc/ via TWRP file manager;
4- twrp -> advanced -> file manager . I tried to "CopyFile" from /sdcard/Download to /vendor/etc

But at this stage I get an error in the file operation in TWRP:
cp "/sdcard/Download/fstab.qcom" "/vendor/etc" process ended with ERROR : 1

should I use your ZIP file structure? With :
/META-INF/ with files CERT.RSA , CERT.SF, MANIFEST.MF

/META-INF/com/
/META-INF/com/android/ with files metadata , otacert
/META-INF/com/google/
/META-INF/com/google/android/ with files update-binary , updater-script
/vendor/
/vendor/etc/ with file fstab.qcom

Sorry as I never created a ZIP file to be used or flashed via TWRP. So just want to be sure. So maybe I can do it the right way. If it doesn´t work, I already have global MIUI 11 to apply and start from scratch if needed.
point4: Must work, you are doing something wrong in the explorer.
Here you select fstab from sdcard/ download and you go down in explorer to vendor/etc and past the file....;
(TWRP tells you what are doing copy file and past to..but don't go out of the explorer!)
LAST; My ZIP is SECURE as it is! you can use it . just do copy /past your own fstab.qcom to vendor/etc to replace mine. (you do it in windows explorer without unpacking the zip)
I am using it for one year, almost every week on my MI8 SE when I update the weekly rom.
See you tomorrow for champagne!

point4: Must work, you are doing something wrong in the explorer.
Here you select fstab from sdcard/ download and you go down in explorer to vendor/etc and past the file....;
(TWRP tells you what are doing copy file and past to..but don't go out of the explorer!)
LAST; My ZIP is SECURE as it is! you can use it . just do copy /past your own fstab.qcom to vendor/etc to replace mine. (you do it in windows explorer without unpacking the zip)
I am using it for one year, almost every week on my MI8 SE when I update the weekly rom.
See you tomorrow for champagne!

thanks , my friend ! And sorry to bother you !
I keep trying and trying to understand why I can´t update (via copy & paste) my fstab.qcom file.

I saw your post in history thread above: No I have to learn how to manipulate fstab stuf on Android 10 because they have been some chance since.

I´m using Android 10. Could that be the cause ?

What I noticed:
if I try to copy & paste via TWRP File Manager, it give an error as I explained before and doesn´t copy the file. Vendor partition is mounted.
I tried to use your ZIP file and just replaced with my fstab.qcom inside and it doesn´t update as well. I get following error message during the zip installation:

Checking for Digest file...
Mounting Vendor
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor at /vendor: Device or resource busy
Extracting files...
++++++++++++++++++
+Installation complete+
++++++++++++++++++
script succeeded: result was [ ]
Updating partition details...
...done

So I check it and there is no change. I get fstab.qcom file and it is the original, without changes. So installation is not being done by zip file.

What could be the possible cause?
I noticed that in TWRP mount options there is an option for "Mount System Partition read-only". It is checked. I understand that it should not affect as we are doing in vendor partition and not system, is that correct?

thanks , my friend ! And sorry to bother you !
I keep trying and trying to understand why I can´t update (via copy & paste) my fstab.qcom file.

I saw your post in history thread above: No I have to learn how to manipulate fstab stuf on Android 10 because they have been some chance since.

I´m using Android 10. Could that be the cause ?

What I noticed:
if I try to copy & paste via TWRP File Manager, it give an error as I explained before and doesn´t copy the file. Vendor partition is mounted.
I tried to use your ZIP file and just replaced with my fstab.qcom inside and it doesn´t update as well. I get following error message during the zip installation:

Mounting Vendor
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor at /vendor: Device or resource busy
Extracting files...
++++++++++++++++++
+Installation complete+
++++++++++++++++++
...done

So I check it and there is no change. I get fstab.qcom file and it is the original, without changes. So installation is not being done by zip file.

What could be the possible cause?
I noticed that in TWRP mount options there is an option for "Mount System Partition read-only". It is checked. I understand that it should not affect as we are doing in vendor partition and not system, is that correct?
By Android hell why have you this "Mount System Partition read-only" checked?
Why? What reason?
You will NEVER be allowed to write with this option checked!
This is for cautious beginners that want to avoid doing mistake! I can't imagine you were going with it blocked.
Get back.
you are saved!

By Android hell why have you this "Mount System Partition read-only" checked?
Why? What reason?
You will NEVER be allowed to write with this option checked!
This is for cautious beginners that want to avoid doing mistake! I can't imagine you were going with it blocked.
Get back.
you are saved!

Thanks and sorry for such newbie question ! I disabled the option for "read-only". I first tried your zip file and still get same error as I mentioned before:

Mounting Vendor

Extracting files...
+++++++++++++++++++++
+Installation is completed+
+++++++++++++++++++++
...done

After that I tried copy & paste file via TWRP File Manager. I could finally copy and replace the original fstab.qcom file by the one I modified and included fileencryption=ice . But now my phone gets into a loop in boot: When I turn it on, it will show the "Mi Unlocked" sign for the boot, but doesn´t boot into Android. It will try to boot twice and after that it will go into TWRP automatically.

I copied back my original fstab.qcom file and my phone booted properly into android.

I copied your fstab.qcom file from your zip, and phone gets into boot loop as well and after 2 boot loop it gets into TWRP.

So for now, I kept my original fstab.qcom file restored to use the phone.

I tried that with xiaomi.eu weekly 9.12.26 (Android 10, MIUI 11) . And I also tried with xiaomi.eu 11.0.5 stable (Android 10, MIUI 11). Same situation for both. My phone is now running 11.0.5 stable.

Should I go back to MIUI 10? Or should I keep MIUI 11 with Android 9 (for example v11.0.4. v11-9 or v11.0.3_v11-9) and try it again to encrypt? Or should I go with a Global Rom such as 11.0.6.0 (MIUI 11, Android 9)?

Last edited:
Thanks and sorry for such newbie question ! I disabled the option for "read-only". I first tried your zip file and still get same error as I mentioned before:

Mounting Vendor

Extracting files...
+++++++++++++++++++++
+Installation is completed+
+++++++++++++++++++++
...done

After that I tried copy & paste file via TWRP File Manager. I could finally copy and replace the original fstab.qcom file by the one I modified and included fileencryption=ice . But now my phone gets into a loop in boot: When I turn it on, it will show the "Mi Unlocked" sign for the boot, but doesn´t boot into Android. It will try to boot twice and after that it will go into TWRP automatically.

I copied back my original fstab.qcom file and my phone booted properly into android.

I copied your fstab.qcom file from your zip, and phone gets into boot loop as well and after 2 boot loop it gets into TWRP.

So for now, I kept my original fstab.qcom file restored to use the phone.

I tried that with xiaomi.eu weekly 9.12.26 (Android 10, MIUI 11) . And I also tried with xiaomi.eu 11.0.5 stable (Android 10, MIUI 11). Same situation for both. My phone is now running 11.0.5 stable.

Should I go back to MIUI 10? Or should I keep MIUI 11 with Android 9 (for example v11.0.4. v11-9 or v11.0.3_v11-9) and try it again to encrypt? Or should I go with a Global Rom such as 11.0.6.0 (MIUI 11, Android 9)?
What a strange story!
1)The patch doesn't need to have vendor to be mounted prior, if you do so vendor is found busy.
2) Solution is to format data / in twrp after the patch done. I was supposing it can work without clean install. but...
I made it working this way. After It will not be needed to format again.
3) keep the rom you want. Weekly is more subject to little details not working well. I've never used stable rom.
Now I you are trained and skilled enough , you can walk at ease.

What a strange story!
1)The patch doesn't need to have vendor to be mounted prior, if you do so vendor is found busy.
2) Solution is to format data / in twrp after the patch done. I was supposing it can work without clean install. but...
I made it working this way. After It will not be needed to format again.
3) keep the rom you want. Weekly is more subject to little details not working well. I've never used stable rom.
Now I you are trained and skilled enough , you can walk at ease.

Thanks for your feedback and details.
I tried to apply patch for forceencryption without mounting vendor and it worked fine. No more error. However, after that, Android will not boot as I mentioned before.
I formatted /data after patch and could not boot into Android, only into TWRP.
After that I tried to install different versions, such as latest eu weekly (9.12.26) and also Stable EU, but after installation it keeps the boot icon (Powered by android...) but it has no progress. It doesn´t go any further. I waited from 1hours to 2hours and seems to be no progress. No sure if it was encryptying or not. So I believe that EU versions will not work at all.

After trying Global version, it automatically encrypted the data.

So I really don´t know what to do with Mi8 and EU rom to enable encryption

Thanks for your feedback and details.
I tried to apply patch for forceencryption without mounting vendor and it worked fine. No more error. However, after that, Android will not boot as I mentioned before.
I formatted /data after patch and could not boot into Android, only into TWRP.
After that I tried to install different versions, such as latest eu weekly (9.12.26) and also Stable EU, but after installation it keeps the boot icon (Powered by android...) but it has no progress. It doesn´t go any further. I waited from 1hours to 2hours and seems to be no progress. No sure if it was encryptying or not. So I believe that EU versions will not work at all.

After trying Global version, it automatically encrypted the data.

So I really don´t know what to do with Mi8 and EU rom to enable encryption
I have investigated a bit deeply:
- Your fstab.qcom you sent to me is not modified at fileencryption=ice. so do it.
- I have tested it on the MI8 SE I have (from a clean format data install rom weekly 9.12.12 eu) and encryption was done perfectly. In fact our original file are almost same.
Tips:
After placed the file in vendor/etc and rebooted to system if you get back to twrp interface or no boot a full format data/yes in recovery resets everything.
That's just to say that format is mandatory in order to be able to encrypt at next password generation.
Do you have the latest MI8 TWRP installed?
At last you should get encryption working, hoping this twrp is able to decrypt that seems to the the case.

I have investigated a bit deeply:
- Your fstab.qcom you sent to me is not modified at fileencryption=ice. so do it.

thanks for your help and attention as usual !
I did not send the modified file that I used. That´s why you believe fileencryption=ice is not done. Please find the 3 files I have been using: your file, my original backup and also my modified one. If I use my file or your, it will force encryption but will not boot properly. If I keep the original file without force encryption it will go back to working regular condition without encryption.

- I have tested it on the MI8 SE I have (from a clean format data install rom weekly 9.12.12 eu) and encryption was done perfectly. In fact our original file are almost same.
Yes. I compared your file and mine. Seems pretty much similar . But for some reason that I still can´t understand , if I use your zip file, or mine modified zip file or even if I go via file manager to copy and paste, despite the file is correct, it will not encrypt. It will get into boot loop and no success to boot into Android..

Tips:
After placed the file in vendor/etc and rebooted to system if you get back to twrp interface or no boot a full format data/yes in recovery resets everything.
That's just to say that format is mandatory in order to be able to encrypt at next password generation.
I installed a new rom, for example eu weekly, and did not include any password , pin nor fingerprint unlock . So I guarantee that there is no password in Android. Tried to apply zip files for force encryption or copy and paste, and it did not work. Does not boot. Will get into TWRP after a while.
I tried with full format data and "yes" option to confirm, no sucess as well.
I also tried WIPE data and cache, and did not work at all.

Should I try again with same version as you tested for fresh rom install, without any apps and any data, and then try to perform full format data ?

Would you recommend me to apply a new rom and once finished soon after, before booting, apply the force encription zip file as well?

Do you have the latest MI8 TWRP installed?
At last you should get encryption working, hoping this twrp is able to decrypt that seems to the the case.
I`m not using from your link . I´m using TWRP 3.3.1-1 from TWRP site: https://dl.twrp.me/dipper/

Should I try your version to see if anything changes ?

Now that I applied Global ROM back again to test with MIUI 11.0.6 stable, now I have Android 9 back again and encryption is fine. And now I have stock Mi Recovery 3.0. So I will install TWRP back again.

All this encryption thing for me is just to allow me to use the phone for my company corporate email as well. I´d like to keep weekly with encryption if possible . And since you were able, sorry for so many questions, as I just would like to be able to force encrypt mine as well.

Attachments

• forceencrypt-LOLO9393.zip.txt
    756.7 KB · Views: 494
  • forceencrypt-Mi8modified.zip.txt
    378.3 KB · Views: 525
  • forceencrypt-Mi8original.zip.txt
    379.1 KB · Views: 480
@erick314
hello
1) Please....your official TWRP seems to be very old (july) . install the new 1031 Chinese release (linked post above)
2) test with a EU weekly rom with it, may be it is encrypting right without any trick. (hope!)
3) When you modify fstab, YOU MUST do a format data/yes in TWRP to get the rom booting and then enter a password pin for the rom goes encrypted! THIS IS THE KEY POINT.
NOTE:
- remove all GOOGLE backup set up and pin request in order to have a FULL clean install of the rom.
(This simplify installation and remove the pin request at install that can stay in memory and can make trouble.)
- ALL the fstab we are handling are well operating ( I tested them all 3 on my phone)
- Confirmation tests I have done:
-I started from clean 9.12.12 EU install.
-Modified by hand your fstab and moved it to vendor/etc.
- FORMAT DATA in recovery
- boot and set up rom with pin pass.
-check encrypted status in privacy settings.
- reboot recovery and enter pin request for deencryption
- Installed 9.12.26 rom '(as update) together with the fencrypt.zip.
Successful!
Don't give up.

@erick314
hello
1) Please....your official TWRP seems to be very old (july) . install the new 1031 Chinese release (linked post above)
2) test with a EU weekly rom with it, may be it is encrypting right without any trick. (hope!)
3) When you modify fstab, YOU MUST do a format data/yes in TWRP to get the rom booting and then enter a password pin for the rom goes encrypted! THIS IS THE KEY POINT.
NOTE:
- remove all GOOGLE backup set up and pin request in order to have a FULL clean install of the rom.
(This simplify installation and remove the pin request at install that can stay in memory and can make trouble.)
- ALL the fstab we are handling are well operating ( I tested them all 3 on my phone)
- Confirmation tests I have done:
-I started from clean 9.12.12 EU install.
-Modified by hand your fstab and moved it to vendor/etc.
- FORMAT DATA in recovery
- boot and set up rom with pin pass.
-check encrypted status in privacy settings.
- reboot recovery and enter pin request for deencryption
- Installed 9.12.26 rom '(as update) together with the fencrypt.zip.
Successful!
Don't give up.

Thanks for the detailed information and guidance.
I updated to latest TWRP, mi8 10 1031 chinese.
My phone in now running Global 11.0.6 which is encrypted without problems as it runs Android 9. When using TWRP it askes for pass to decrypt and I can confirm it can open and access data partitions with proper decryption.

I will try same as your steps to confirm again.
So I downloaded 9.12.12 for Mi8 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/9.12.12/) . Before starting installation, should I perform TWRP Wipe (factory reset, not including internal storage ) or should I perform advanced wipe for all partitions ( Dalvik/ART cache, data, internal storage, cache, system) ? Sorry for such newbie question. But I just want to be sure I will do same as you and confirm the outcome. I usually do an advanced wipe for all partitions before a fresh new installation.

Thanks for the detailed information and guidance.
I updated to latest TWRP, mi8 10 1031 chinese.
My phone in now running Global 11.0.6 which is encrypted without problems as it runs Android 9. When using TWRP it askes for pass to decrypt and I can confirm it can open and access data partitions with proper decryption.

I will try same as your steps to confirm again.
So I downloaded 9.12.12 for Mi8 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/9.12.12/) . Before starting installation, should I perform TWRP Wipe (factory reset, not including internal storage ) or should I perform advanced wipe for all partitions ( Dalvik/ART cache, data, internal storage, cache, system) ? Sorry for such newbie question. But I just want to be sure I will do same as you and confirm the outcome. I usually do an advanced wipe for all partitions before a fresh new installation.
The best is to format data in wipe section .with typing :yes)
The rom install will do full cleaning and formatting. (No need to do more than format data.)
When you finish boot and setting 9.12.12 rom check immediately in privacy/settings if you are encrypted or not. (may be this new twrp will give direct encryption the same i get on MI9 T)
IF NOT successful:
Then go forward with fstab copy to vendor/etc AND again a FORMAT DATA in recovery section.
The rom MUST boot now.
Have a nice day.
Diner time here. bye

Reactions: skejpa and erick314
The best is to format data in wipe section .with typing :yes)
The rom install will do full cleaning and formatting. (No need to do more than format data.)
When you finish boot and setting 9.12.12 rom check immediately in privacy/settings if you are encrypted or not. (may be this new twrp will give direct encryption the same i get on MI9 T)
IF NOT successful:
Then go forward with fstab copy to vendor/etc AND again a FORMAT DATA in recovery section.
The rom MUST boot now.
Have a nice day.
Diner time here. bye
ok. Thanks ! Will do WIPE -> Format Data -> yes.
Downloading here to do it.
Enjoy dinner !

Thanks ! Now it worked !

I did following steps now:
1- using TWRP-3.3.1-1031
2- wipe -> format data -> yes
3- reboot and enter into twrp and confirmed not encrypted anymore (no more password request)
4- install eu 9.12.12 version for Mi8
5- after installation, performed wipe cache/dalvik as prompted, and reboot and setup fresh new rom/phone without any password. At this stage , boot took around 4 minutes, and could setup new rom .
-Confirmed in Settings -> Password & Security -> that password was off as well as fingerprint lock was off.
-Confirmed in Settings -> Password & Security -> privacy -> encryption and credentials that phone was not encrypted
-Confirmed in Settings -> additional settings -> developer options -> encrypt device using lock screen password was disabled

6-reboot into twrp. fstab copy to vendor/etc . Wipe -> Format Data -> yes . Reboot system. After 4 minutes, it boot into Android. But it get as a brand new rom, and I need to setup it all again (language, wifi, apps, etc).

7- Confirmed in Settings -> Password & Security -> privacy -> encryption and credentials that phone is now encrypted. Added password and fingerprint.
8- boot into TWRP and confirmed that it asked password to decrypt.

So now it is fine!
I just now have a new question: if I use regular MIUI weekly update via Settings -> My Device -> MIUI version -> check for update , what should I do to work fine with encryption? After installing the new version I just need to apply "fstab" back again to /vendor/etc/ folder ?

Reactions: viper8844
Thanks ! Now it worked !

I did following steps now:
1- using TWRP-3.3.1-1031
2- wipe -> format data -> yes
3- reboot and enter into twrp and confirmed not encrypted anymore (no more password request)
4- install eu 9.12.12 version for Mi8
5- after installation, performed wipe cache/dalvik as prompted, and reboot and setup fresh new rom/phone without any password. At this stage , boot took around 4 minutes, and could setup new rom .
-Confirmed in Settings -> Password & Security -> that password was off as well as fingerprint lock was off.
-Confirmed in Settings -> Password & Security -> privacy -> encryption and credentials that phone was not encrypted
-Confirmed in Settings -> additional settings -> developer options -> encrypt device using lock screen password was disabled

6-reboot into twrp. fstab copy to vendor/etc . Wipe -> Format Data -> yes . Reboot system. After 4 minutes, it boot into Android. But it get as a brand new rom, and I need to setup it all again (language, wifi, apps, etc).

7- Confirmed in Settings -> Password & Security -> privacy -> encryption and credentials that phone is now encrypted. Added password and fingerprint.
8- boot into TWRP and confirmed that it asked password to decrypt.

So now it is fine!
I just now have a new question: if I use regular MIUI weekly update via Settings -> My Device -> MIUI version -> check for update , what should I do to work fine with encryption? After installing the new version I just need to apply "fstab" back again to /vendor/etc/ folder ?
Congratulations! You passed across the Rubicon.
Next rom update becomes easy now:
Enter your pass in TWRP and Install both rom zip and forceencrypt.zip in dirty mode (you can clean cache/ Dalvik before reboot if you want it for your peace of mind).
You can try it today with latest weekly.
Keep the recipe for further use if needed. I am pretty sure we'll never get a full debugged TWRP that can support MI8 phone generation and early.
Cheers

Reactions: skejpa and erick314
Congratulations! You passed across the Rubicon.
Next rom update becomes easy now:
Enter your pass in TWRP and Install both rom zip and forceencrypt.zip in dirty mode (you can clean cache/ Dalvik before reboot if you want it for your peace of mind).
You can try it today with latest weekly.
Keep the recipe for further use if needed. I am pretty sure we'll never get a full debugged TWRP that can support MI8 phone generation and early.
Cheers
Thanks!
I downloaded also 12.26 which was the last weekly before the recent release this week.
I could update via twrp and apply the forceencrypt zip as well
Everything working great !
Probably the cause of my issues with Mi8 was somehow the twrp version
Not sure
Thanks a lot !

Hi guys, so i have just installed miui 12 with full wipe and lost encryption. I have setted up everything already. Is there a way how to encrypt my Mi 8 without next wipe ? If it is needed, is there some flashable zip, which i can push through twrp ?
Yes i have read almost whole thread but i am not sure what to do now. Thanks

Odesláno z mého MI 8 pomocí Tapatalk

Reactions: siepsiak.andrzej
So i have managed to create flashable zip, did full wipe, installed xiaomi.eu rom, then flash this zip and boot. Encryption is working.

• Love
Reactions: LOLO9393