New Phone keeps pressing back button / Ghost touch?

evolution106

Members
Dec 12, 2013
Device: Xiaomi MI2
Version: 3.12.6

Hello everyone,

My phone has been running great on the old version 3.3.29 for a long time. A friend of mine who also owns the MI2 kept pushing me to update as it had 'spectacular' improvements.

Well, great.... now I have a huge bug which makes my phone unusable.

After I flashed version 3.12.6 my phone started automatically pushing the back button over and over and over. To fix it I have installed CWM and did a full wipe and re-installed the rom. Didn't work. (The bug happened in CWM as well).

I also tried to use the Xiaomi MiFlash to restore everything back to the Chinese version.

At the moment, the problem is still there. It's strange as I would expect it to be fixed when I do a full flash of the Chinese Fastboot version, as the whole problem started when I first updated it to a newer version earlier today. Might it be a hardware problem and a coincidence that it happened at the same time?

What do you guys think? Thanks.

Update:
Realized I didn't try to flash back to 3.3.29 yet. Flashed to this version again moments ago, still the same problem...

Hello,

I don't have an MI2, but if the problem also occurs in CWM, it seems to me it's a hardware issue (as CWM has nothing to do with MIUI, or even with the previous rom).

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Still, it's strange this problem never occurred until I updated to a newer version... my phone started doing this immediately after the update.