Phone number hyphens (spacing)

tef89

Members
Jul 18, 2011
Hi,

Very new to MIUI. I've installed 1.7.15 onto my UK HTC Desire and I just wondered if there is any way to remove the way phone numbers are spaced - as in the US way = +44-122-5645.

Nothing against the US way of doing it :D just used to the UK way ;)

Hi,

Very new to MIUI. I've installed 1.7.15 onto my UK HTC Desire and I just wondered if there is any way to remove the way phone numbers are spaced - as in the US way = +44-122-5645.

Nothing against the US way of doing it :D just used to the UK way ;)

Try going into Language and Input Settings. Make sure you have English(UK) selected and not English(US)

Thanks for the reply, I've checked that setting and I only have Chinese or English - no option of UK / USA.

Thanks for the reply, I've checked that setting and I only have Chinese or English - no option of UK / USA.

That's weird. I've only got English and Chinese to choose from but 6 different English versions and two Chinese.. Maybe try downloading MoreLocale 2 from the market and select UK English with that.

I've downloaded MoreLocale and after setting up English UK (as a custom locale, it wasn't listed on the presets) I can see it has worked to a certain extent, although some numbers within contacts are still listed in the US format.

I've also noticed some of the settings are now Chinese, so I think I might just learn to live with the US format for now, the benefits of the ROM far outweigh the small niggles.

Thanks for your help again.

Are you using Miuiandroid version of the rom or Miui.us?
because I know Miui.us version don't include any other english locale other than US...
If that's not the case, try re-downloading the engpack from the ROMS section and flash it again.

I have the miui.us version. I've tried the miuiandroid version then applied the English pack but it seems that there was still a large amount of Chinese still in the rom even after a reboot.

Oh, sorry, I though you were using Development version.
it should be OK applying the stable engpack only (if you have already the rom installed)

In that case I've already tried the stable ENG pack from the miuiandroid.com page.

Thanks for all your help :)