Phone Too Hot - Rom Suggestions

andrewit

Members
Mar 10, 2016
Quite simple question here: is there a ROM that doesn't make my Mi4c a little oven? I constantly get the alert that the phone is above 45° degrees, even just listening to Spotify.
I'm on 8.1.2 Stable right now but I have tried different dev ROMs. It's always the same, phone keeps getting too damn hot for my liking.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Quite simple question here: is there a ROM that doesn't make my Mi4c a little oven? I constantly get the alert that the phone is above 45° degrees, even just listening to Spotify.
I'm on 8.1.2 Stable right now but I have tried different dev ROMs. It's always the same, phone keeps getting too damn hot for my liking.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Indeed this is a chronic problem in Mi 4c while other Snapdragon 808 phones don't get so hot like ours do so easily! And because of this phone being a freaking pocket heater, it starts throttling really bad when it reach's high temperatures

To me you have two things that you can do:
  1. Change the thermal engine see - http://en.miui.com/thread-197481-1-1.html
  2. Use the new nougat rom, because of the new mpdecision, the nougat miui rom manages the last most powerfull cores of our phone different from lollipop! The stay off most of the time, so it saves battery and helps keeping the phone cool, at least a little bit!