PhotoShere JLB 4.2 Camera for Mi 2

which is best MIUI camera or google one? any difference on function? other than photo sphere :)

as u have the both now so check and decide, it depends on prefrence. miui may have more functions if its not for photosphere i think

Reactions: zubairra
If you want to use the JLB 4.2 Photospere camera on Mi2 here is How to for that

Requiremnets
  1. RootExplorer
  2. Download the zipfile from http://www.sendspace.com/file/itn69v
Procedure

1. Copy photosphere.zip to sdcard and extract it.
  2. Using Rootexplorer copy GalleryGoogle.apk and Gmscore.apk from app folder in extracted files to /system/app folder (mount that folder as r/w first) of the system partition
  3. Change the permission for both files as shown in Screen shot 1
  4. Then copy libjni_filtershow_filters.so, libjni_mosaic.so and liblightcycle.so from lib folder of extracted files to the /system/lib folder of system partition.
  5. Change the permission for copied files as shown in Screen shot 2
  6. Reboot
its Done.

S. Shot1 S. Shot2

View attachment 4978 View attachment 4979

NOTE. you will have two Cameras and Galleries in app drawer. one MIUI camera and Gallery and other *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* and Gallery. You can delete Camera.apk and Camera.odex from /system/app folder if you dont like two camera and galleries this will delete MIUI camera and gallery

hadron

Hadron

when ever i update my ROM to weekly release Google photo sphere and gallery goes out i have to configure again..We have any solution for it?

Hadron

when ever i update my ROM to weekly release Google photo sphere and gallery goes out i have to configure again..We have any solution for it?
problem is that if the update is OTA then is will stay there. but if you install full rom then it wipes the system partition so photo sphere is deleted !

Again learning some thing new...I update with your help guide How to update guide.
I use updater APP to update it is not OTA? But i do have other app which i have installed.Im Confused

Again learning some thing new...I update with your help guide How to update guide.
I use updater APP to update it is not OTA? But i do have other app which i have installed.Im Confused
normal installed apps remain there. did you copy other app to /system/app folder or just normal install ?

Hadron

now we have cwm recovery for mi2 so I think that, if you flash this recovery and you remember to keep it when you flash another Rom, you can just flash the zip with photosphere and gallery

Or, if you haven't a flashable zip for photosphere, you can easily make it, to do so

In this way, if you lose the app after flashing a new Rom, you can have it again in a few seconds

Am I wrong?

Inviato da Xiaomi Mi2 con tapatalk pro 2

now we have cwm recovery for mi2 so I think that, if you flash this recovery and you remember to keep it when you flash another Rom, you can just flash the zip with photosphere and gallery

Or, if you haven't a flashable zip for photosphere, you can easily make it, to do so

In this way, if you lose the app after flashing a new Rom, you can have it again in a few seconds

Am I wrong?

Inviato da Xiaomi Mi2 con tapatalk pro 2
Yes you are right

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Camera works on 3.4.5 but photosphere force closes when building the panorama, or am I the only one?

hey Guys,
Every week i update weekly ROM and also i configure Photo sphere.
but with after the last week update,Im unable to copy the file on to APP and LIB folder,it says no permission.
1.I tried to give permission to APP and system and it says change permission failed.
2.Root access is enabled.
I dont know what else to do..
Please advice how to get the access for system folder.

hey Guys,
Every week i update weekly ROM and also i configure Photo sphere.
but with after the last week update,Im unable to copy the file on to APP and LIB folder,it says no permission.
1.I tried to give permission to APP and system and it says change permission failed.
2.Root access is enabled.
I dont know what else to do..
Please advice how to get the access for system folder.

When u flash it from cwm it is working

MI 2S cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi