Planning to buy Xiaomi MI3

champrock

Members
Jun 16, 2014
Hi

I am planning to buy a Xiaomi MI3 device to be used in India. For that, I had some doubts which I want to confirm before purchasing:
1. Would I need Snapdragon WCDMA or Tegra version for India?
2. How can I remove all chinese language from the phone? I have seen people using it and even when they change the language settings to English on their ROMs, there are still lots of Chinese characters left (chinese keyboard, chinese menu settings - after 3-4levels) etc. Is there a way to remove Chinese language completely?
Would downloading the ROM from http://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/ do the trick?
3. How to remove all Chinese software?

Thanks!

Miuiandroid rom (the one on this forum) is already purged of useless chinese software and filled with various languages. The languages list is defined in OP posts of every release.

ok thanks. one more question, OTA will be very slow as people are posting on this forum.

Is there any other way that I download from here and manually install?

Also, which is the most stable ROM in English? I see that there are so many versions on that page but none mention if they are stable or not.

Last edited:
Sure, you can download rom zip you find on this forum and install it, it's the same thing.

There are 2 types of Miui rom, stable and developer versions. Here you can find only developer versions, they're most of times enough stable; maybe you can wait just some days before updating every week to see some feedback.

For international users best choice should be Miuiandroid roms, since they're optimized for non-chinese users.

You'll want to get the snapdrgaon wcdma version. The nvidia tegra version is tdscdma network which is only used in China.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Hi

So, I purchased a MI3 from China. Currently it has very poor english and is loaded with so much chinese software.

I went into Settings > About phone> System update. It is showing me one update but I do not think it is International version. It is also most likely another chinese version.

Can you tell how do i install this ROM? Sorry if this has been covered earlier, but I could not find it.

Hey Champ,
Great phone isn't it! If you need english stable, try Singapore or Malaysian Firmware from miui.com
It authentic stock xiaomi software for singapore and malaysian market. Runs fine on china/hongkong wcdma devices. Its more oriented towards google integration and has less/no chinese xiaomi apps, also less features but hey its stable and xiaomi original, has most good things from miui still inbedded anyway.

try them before you go for multilang since those will still keep you on 4.3 jb to go back and forth between regions.
Multilang wil put you to 4.4.2KK and no way downgrading unless you use pc and flash cn stock with MiFlash.

for instance i'm on multilang and now finally benchmarks are up to level again, but now lyrics wont get downloaded into the musicplayer. So with weekly developer rom, bugs come and go on weekly bases. Really depends if you need your own language and like having most features, or more of the stable guy that only update from time to time.

By the way other users? Are you also having issues with lyrics missing in the musicplayer?