Play Store Problem With Mi Pad 2

kenshin88

Members
Jul 1, 2016
Hello I need your help .I downloaded the latest stable version . I read in the guide that the play store is not included in the rom for a mistake and you have to install it separately. I installed the rom and after I tried to install the zip " pico " . After I install it from TWRP , I did a wipe cache and Dalvik .When I open the play store I immediately error. Also not working on quicksearch . You can help me ? Thank you

The OpenGApps file, I need to flash this within TWPR, right? Aaaah this is all very confusing, I can do a OpenGApps installation, I can also do a GApps_IntelChipset.exe installation, which one is better and recommended?

Would it work if I do a fastboot oem verified after it would look okay?

And at what time do I need to install the google system webview application?

The OpenGApps file, I need to flash this within TWPR, right? Aaaah this is all very confusing, I can do a OpenGApps installation, I can also do a GApps_IntelChipset.exe installation, which one is better and recommended?

Would it work if I do a fastboot oem verified after it would look okay?

And at what time do I need to install the google system webview application?
for me installing gapps from twrp is better, i didnt try the intechipset.exe way so i dont know

Aaaaah, I was so close, I got TRWP working, finally could flash the GApps component, reboot and bang. The Chinese Google keyboard was gone. I installed that google system web application. Then I downloaded the Google Keyboard from apkmirror, installed it and logged in to Google Play Store. No way, that google system web applications asks for an update. And I click on update. The application downloaded, then downloaded and downloaded itself again. And guess what? I now have the google error code 963.

I am not even able to install anything else from google store. How come I now have that error 963? I did everything correct and I still get error 963? Oh I don't get it, but I now know why this Mi Pad 2 is collecting dust on these Chinese store shelves. I never ever in my entire IT carreeer had so much trouble setting up a device and now after a week of trying to get it working, I am still not able to use it.

I should never had tried flashing this cursed new Miui version.

Sad story indeed.

Aaaaah, I was so close, I got TRWP working, finally could flash the GApps component, reboot and bang. The Chinese Google keyboard was gone. I installed that google system web application. Then I downloaded the Google Keyboard from apkmirror, installed it and logged in to Google Play Store. No way, that google system web applications asks for an update. And I click on update. The application downloaded, then downloaded and downloaded itself again. And guess what? I now have the google error code 963.

I am not even able to install anything else from google store. How come I now have that error 963? I did everything correct and I still get error 963? Oh I don't get it, but I now know why this Mi Pad 2 is collecting dust on these Chinese store shelves. I never ever in my entire IT carreeer had so much trouble setting up a device and now after a week of trying to get it working, I am still not able to use it.

I should never had tried flashing this cursed new Miui version.

Sad story indeed.
ouch thats bad, error 963 is a bitch. im really sorry about this.
there are 2 ways in this forum to solve this problem, try it.
i know the feel bro

Here's what i posted on other thread hope it works for you:

Hi Guys I think everyone is getting confused the real reason why google playstore works for some is that you HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED.

It doesn't matter what rom you use or what method there is only one thing you must NOT do is run the OEM LOCK command after you have unlocked it. You have to live with the BOOT ERROR 3 message forever and simply bypassing it by pushing the volume up. As long as as the bootloader is left unlocked any playstore version will work with any rom. Please correct me if i'm wrong, I have tested Multiple ROMS for countless hours to figure this out. I am currently running the lastest stable rom with the playstore running perfectly.

A lot of people are thinking it's the rom that's the issue it's not, it's the bootloader. I think we need to make a sticky thread about this because everyone is getting confused and there are too many tutorials where people are getting varying results. I don't mean to sound arrogant just a bit passionate about this as I did spend hours of different tutorials and trial an error I don't want others to go through the same heart ache lol.

Reactions: Digleo
Hi guys.
I have flash, from twrp, the "open_gapps_x86_64 - 5.1 - pico" on rom 7.5.2 eu whitout root.
After install webview appare error 963 in the playstore

Last edited:
Did you tried to search for exact thread? "fastboot format data", then install gapps. All will be fine.

did you solve this,?
Yes i solved trought install gapp package that i found in the forum.thank you.

I have another question.
when I pad 2 heats , the performance drop significantly . surely this problem is due to some functionality of the kernel . you know how I can fix this?

Solution: In TWRP format data partition in ext4, reboot and use PlayStore and Install Apps.
Attention: All private Data will be lost by format data partition...

My first Problem was the force close with Play service - i fixxed it by install the webview apk.

Now I have the 963 Error.
I dont relock my bootloader - but there is no RED Error Message by booting up the MiPad 2.

Now this Second i do another clean install the newest MIUI_EU Version i found here in this Forum (sry i cannot post links) then i install the opengapps pico, then install the Webview apk

edit: After a Clean install same Problem again. Now i Format my Data in EXt4 and to a new install again.

But can one tell me why my Red Warning Screen at the beginning of the boot dont show up?

FORMATING THE DATA TO EXT4 FIXXED MY PROBLEM WITH 963 ERROR!!!

But still i have one little problem. Some Apps like Instagram are not compatible with my device. Is there a modif. build.prop to fix this issue? Or how can i fix that, easy?

Last edited:
Reactions: FlorianMiu
My first Problem was the force close with Play service - i fixxed it by install the webview apk.

Now I have the 963 Error.
I dont relock my bootloader - but there is no RED Error Message by booting up the MiPad 2.

Now this Second i do another clean install the newest MIUI_EU Version i found here in this Forum (sry i cannot post links) then i install the opengapps pico, then install the Webview apk

edit: After a Clean install same Problem again. Now i Format my Data in EXt4 and to a new install again.

But can one tell me why my Red Warning Screen at the beginning of the boot dont show up?

FORMATING THE DATA TO EXT4 FIXXED MY PROBLEM WITH 963 ERROR!!!

But still i have one little problem. Some Apps like Instagram are not compatible with my device. Is there a modif. build.prop to fix this issue? Or how can i fix that, easy?

Great hint to do the reformat!