Playstore Issues With Xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_5.10.15_v7-4.4.zip

Azlan MN

Members
Sep 19, 2015
After a year with Mi3 on stable stock, I decided to try the dev build but with Playstore baked in so I chose this ROM (xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_5.10.15_v7-4.4.zip).

Backed up my WhatsApp crypt8 file, factory reset + wiped the phone, renamed the above file to update.zip and copied it over to my root dir. Then went into the Updater app to reboot into recovery.

There, I selected install update.zip and rebooted. On reboot, I kept getting too many play store error popups that I couldn't even use the Updater app to go into Recovery so I had to use Vol Up+Power shortcut. In Recovery, I selected wipe everything and rebooted again.

The phone boots up fine, I entered my Google account info and tried to install WhatsApp. I got the following error:

"WhatsApp Messenger" can't be downloaded. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-7:AEC-7 JK56-6I3D-P6XSCI])

I tested a lot of other apps and it's the same problem - I can't install anything from the play store. How do I fix this?

you did it wrong way.. go to Updater - menu - select installation zip - select our ROM...

then just go to settings and make factory reset...

done..

Thank you. I followed your steps and am installing WhatsApp as I type this. You rock!