Please help me fix my cracked screen

sqawkowl

Members
Nov 7, 2020
Hey guys,

I have tried to contact the European Xiaomi contact, but they have not returned my phone.

I went back to the place I bought it from. A major retailer in Australia which is a verified seller of Xiaomi products. They could not help under warranty as it was my fault the screen was cracked.

Do you guys have any idea what I can do to fix my cracked phone? Is there a Xiaomi service service centre in Australia?

I imagine they would be cheaper than using one of those phone shops who charge hundreds more than the phone is worth to replace the screen.

I was thinking of just getting some tempered glass protector and cover over the cracks so bits of dust etc won't get in - you reckon this is my only option?

Thanks for any input. Just to reiterate I am from Australia.

You could get a replacement screen, with a frame to make life easier, yourself for around 90AUD from ali ex, some 20-30AUD ifixit knockoff toolkit, some of which are actually decent and a disassembly youtube video to guide the way. The idea of fixing it yourself can be intimidating, but it's not as bad as it seems. It's really difficult to completely break the phone, unless you do something to the motherboard, everything else can be ordered for a low fee.