Please Help Me I Have Messed Up My Redmi 2 8(((((

franzfume

Members
Jan 16, 2015
Just arrived. I copied update.zip to SD then reboot recovery, wipe ALL then tryed to install OS
no luck... I have read that update ZIP needed to be putted in the internal memory!
now HOW I can do that? phone dont see the update in SD card!

Just arrived. I copied update.zip to SD then reboot recovery, wipe ALL then tryed to install OS
no luck... I have read that update ZIP needed to be putted in the internal memory!
now HOW I can do that? phone dont see the update in SD card!
Try Fastboot installation... search topics explaining it...

basically I just need to remove china crapware ad have italian language,,,,
the one u cited in previous message is chinese only or has even eu language?

I found a ROM that work on this variant
MIUI DECURO (seem a german made MIUI) a MIUI 5.6.,25 beta
I loaded this, setting up in english all ok
Now no china crapware, english language and all google app loaded. Just the phone go on EDGE network only and not on 3g
maybe is because is for CHINA only? Name is HM2A
Any hope to flash the modem firmware?

I think that you are wiping the update.zip file too. Try to wipe first, and after that copy the ROM in the internal storage root.

Enviado desde mi 2014811 mediante Tapatalk

yea i loaded an EU rom no problem. Problem now is the type of network because that variant of redmi 2 seems not compatible with 3g in EU .... I ask if there's a way to flash a DIFFERENT modem sw maybe in fastboot to enable 3g
now it work in 2g only (edge)

Have you tried it using pcsuite.mi.com?

Enviado desde mi 2014811 mediante Tapatalk

is a strange variant of redmi2 maybe is called redmi2a, model is 2014502 not much reference on the web
but I have read is a chinese only device.
So in china band are different from eu.
official rom for that variant is only for china and i tink only hope is to find a way to fastboot flashing modem software only

Well, i know this is kind of Necroing an older Post, but I wish to confirm something.... yeah, we are the only su**er that are damned with their Xiaomi Redmi 2A (HM 2A) .... If I would have just done a bit more research... I had checked like every corner to get Custom rom on my Phone as soon as it arrives, as it was supposed to be for my wife (Filipina with no Chinese background) and well... I didn't consider that the Redmi 2A would turn out to be such a huge Problem.

You have like NO Userbase whatsoever that is working with that Device, that It really looks like you are an outcast... The Userbase of the Redmi 2 is HUGE ... but the Redmi 2A seems to be the Child nobody loves and wants.

In the End I can only give you the information I have found so far and what I had written on GSMArena (http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_2a-reviews-7159.php) on the Problem with Chinese Bloatware and Language:

How to get the Phone nearly perfectly English without much Bloatware: (Link and Instruction here: http://en.miui.com/thread-142581-1-1.html) (Chinese Developer Version for Redmi 2A)
I still have the Music Program that opens with Chinese Crap IF internet connection is available.

To get Google Playstore and Co: (Link and Instruction here: http://en.miui.com/thread-3998-1-1.html)

Follow first Instruction: Backup what is to backup. Use Datacable to get the update.zip onto the Internal Memory -> Do the backup (Press: Vol+ & Vol- & Power) Should get you into Recovery, choose english and you can do the update. Takes a bit and you have a a Device that is almost perfect english.

Follow second Instruction and you can install with the App most Google Apps.

Regarding your Internet issue... well here in the Philippines it seems I have to suffer the same way, as I am unable to connect via Mobile Data to the Smart Bro network.... that su**s badly -.-

Now when you can get a Redmi 2 on DX for 80 USD, you might consider to buy it ... and sell your 2A as soon as possible on Ebay or something like it.

If you can get rid of it for 50-60 USD you might have not even lost too much... Maybe you are lucky enough to find someone as uninformed as we were. And if you are kind enough, you have it already prepared with the Chinese Developers Version, so that he doesn't have to suffer too long ;)

Edit: Wow, that got more Text than i had anticipated O.O