Please Help With Installation On Redmi Note 3 Pro

piontec

Members
Dec 17, 2016
Hi!
I've spent numerous hours trying to install xiaomi.eu on note 3 pro. What I did was:
- didn't want to wait, so used unofficial unlock for bootloader
- flashed xiaomi.eu - impossible to setup phone, I always get "settings has crashed"
- tried to flash numerous other official xiaomi global/china stable/dev / xiaomi.eu roms for kenzo
- finished with brick, no fastboot
- using information from forum managed to recover with DIY deep flash cable
- lost both IMEI
- managed to unlock bootloader once more, install CM 14.1, recover IMEI there
- installation of xiaomi.eu locks the bootloader, causes bootloops and others (yes, locks bootloader and deletes IMEIs)
- I can only run CM 14.1

Now, I got 2 super important questions;
1) Is this kenzo at all?! I bought it as "note 3 pro", but now I found out that the seller says it supports B20 - which means its kate? o_O So maybe I was flashing a wrong ROM the whole time....
2) How to check if it's kenzo or kate and recover from this situation?

Thanks in advance!

Telling the Redmi Note 3 Pro (Kenzo) and Special Edition (Kate) apart.

Measure the device.

If you flashed CM 14.1 and its firmware and the device worked, then it is probably a Kenzo, an extra step is required for Kate (Flashing Modem).

It may be required to flash the official MIUI (to restore firmware), if coming from CM, before flashing xiaomi.eu.

Edit: It is changing rom version(nougat>marshmallow) that maybe the cause of bootloader lock.

If your device is 152.5 mm long it' s KATE. If it's 150 mm then you have KENZO.

Redmi Note 3 PRO SE

OK, it's 152 mm long, so it's kate :/ I downloaded official kate images (both stable and dev) and tried to flash them with MiFlash (fastboot+edl). Still, no luck: the phone is stuck on the "mi powered by android" and moving dots screen.

Any ideas?

Did the rom flash OK? After boot you are stuck at "mi powered by android" ???

Redmi Note 3 PRO SE

Yes, exactly. Rom flashed without problems in EDL mode. After restart, it's stuck on "powered by android", even if left for hours.