Poco F1 stuck at Pattern unlock at boot after an OTA update

syrom

Members
Jan 23, 2019
Anyone having the same problem ?

Precise description under

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5385995&page=1&extra=#pid34416113

Seems to be related to the fact that the phone in question had hardware encryption enabled recently.

Any idea how I can regain control of the device NOT loosing all the data and setup ?

I'm not an expert and not familiar with flashing etc. - but if it's this what it takes, I'll eventually do it.

I wonder especially why there no easy solution: if the system thinks that there is an unlock pattern, it must either be a standard pattern (e.g. publishing it would solve the problem) or generated from some other security feature (e.g. unlock PIN) - then publishing the algorithm how the pattern is generated from this code would also solve the problem. Or am I just overly optimistic ?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips !

Might be a late reply but did you dirty flash your ROM instead of OTA? OR OTA over another flavor of miui custom ROM?

If yes, you can try TWRP > ADVANCED > FILE MANAGER

Navigate to /data/system and look for all files with the name locksettings*.xyz of different extensions (dtm, XML, bin)

Delete those and reboot. Your phone should have no screen lock anymore (just one swipe to unlock the screen)

Hope it helps.

Reactions: Michael_K
Anyone having the same problem ?

Precise description under

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5385995&page=1&extra=#pid34416113

Seems to be related to the fact that the phone in question had hardware encryption enabled recently.

Any idea how I can regain control of the device NOT loosing all the data and setup ?

I'm not an expert and not familiar with flashing etc. - but if it's this what it takes, I'll eventually do it.

I wonder especially why there no easy solution: if the system thinks that there is an unlock pattern, it must either be a standard pattern (e.g. publishing it would solve the problem) or generated from some other security feature (e.g. unlock PIN) - then publishing the algorithm how the pattern is generated from this code would also solve the problem. Or am I just overly optimistic ?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips !
I've this bug long time ago. Just downgrade your system