Poco F1 support

mofeedooz

Members
Aug 21, 2019
Why isn't there a new rom update for the poco f1 the stock miui has already update to 12.0.2.0 and miui.eu still on 12.0.1.0 ?
Do we understand from this that the pocophone f1 is no longer supported by developers or no developers are working on it at the moment?

Reactions: SirHedge
I would like to have an answer to this question too because if it's discontinued I'm gonna switch to a different rom.....

Strange though, shouldn't it be less space than the default MIUI since it gets debloated?

At least it would be good to know if they are working on it or its going to be discontinued. Beacuse I like the MIUI and this debloated and improved MIUI is awesome for the F1 as the global one is giving way less for us F1 users....as for the other ROMs im not sure which would be this stable as this.

At least it would be good to know if they are working on it or its going to be discontinued. Beacuse I like the MIUI and this debloated and improved MIUI is awesome for the F1 as the global one is giving way less for us F1 users....as for the other ROMs im not sure which would be this stable as this.
Orjon already gave a clear answer - system partition doesn't have enough space to build the ROM, so what do you suggest us to do, magically add more space?

Would it help to remove some non-vital system apps and let the user install these apps to their data partition if needed? I think that might be a good compromise if we can continue to get xiaomi.eu rom support, as it's the best MIUI rom out there for our Poco.

Orjon already gave a clear answer - system partition doesn't have enough space to build the ROM, so what do you suggest us to do, magically add more space?

I'm not familiar with ROM building and developing so he seemd to describe an issue that is fixable or it's a problem on your end, Also the Global version is already at 12.0.2.0 so I thought it can be done somehow. The answer was not clear to me and if somebody is at least trying to do something to get it working it's enough for me to hope it will remain supported because I love your work....Maybe with something like Dutchgio said or compressing things but I'm just an user can't really do anything.

Hope still remains and I'm sure a lot of ppl would love to see get it working.

Stay safe guys!

I'm not familiar with ROM building and developing so he seemd to describe an issue that is fixable or it's a problem on your end, Also the Global version is already at 12.0.2.0 so I thought it can be done somehow. The answer was not clear to me and if somebody is at least trying to do something to get it working it's enough for me to hope it will remain supported because I love your work....Maybe with something like Dutchgio said or compressing things but I'm just an user can't really do anything.

Hope still remains and I'm sure a lot of ppl would love to see get it working.

Stay safe guys!
We already use compression for rebuilt apps, it's not enough. The only way it's "fixable" is by omitting apps and/or removing resource-heavy features.

Reactions: masterross
Would it help to remove some non-vital system apps and let the user install these apps to their data partition if needed? I think that might be a good compromise if we can continue to get xiaomi.eu rom support, as it's the best MIUI rom out there for our Poco.
I agree, for me Miui is just Xiaomi.eu

Not sure what "non-vital" really means here, since you can't just install modified (patched and/or with added translations) apps manually, not without re-signing them, and we don't have Xiaomi's private keys to sign them with.

Not sure what "non-vital" really means here, since you can't just install modified (patched and/or with added translations) apps manually, not without re-signing them, and we don't have Xiaomi's private keys to sign them with.
I understand...but no more upgrades?

Well, so it look like we are not going to get updates anymore. Why nobody can say, if its fixable or not? Im waiting for the new version, cuz 12.0.1.0 is Very bad ROM. Just tell us, if There is a way, so we can get update, or we should switch to custom ROMS, like pixel experience etc...

Well, so it look like we are not going to get updates anymore. Why nobody can say, if its fixable or not? Im waiting for the new version, cuz 12.0.1.0 is Very bad ROM. Just tell us, if There is a way, so we can get update, or we should switch to custom ROMS, like pixel experience etc...
Well they technically said it already with the system partition thing so I guess if you don't enjoy the latest one feel free to try out new ones. I recommend stable 10.0 atm I'm now on the latest Havoc os and I enjoy it however MIUI was a bit more Home for me.

Technically it's a bit shady. I think they must know, if its posbile to give us new rom. There must be way, like bring a rom without wallpapers, sounds etc. Or resize system partition, or something... This phone asi almost same like mi8, and mi8 get updates. Its a bit weird.

Dear developers, is There a way, how to bring new rom, which users have to finalize it before use? Like install system apps etc? For Experienced users? I was running on developer roms for years, and i think a lot of ppl here also. Is There a way to unofficial updates, with missing some parts of rom, for users, Who accept some work to complete the rom, in exchange for new version?

Dear developers, is There a way, how to bring new rom, which users have to finalize it before use? Like install system apps etc? For Experienced users? I was running on developer roms for years, and i think a lot of ppl here also. Is There a way to unofficial updates, with missing some parts of rom, for users, Who accept some work to complete the rom, in exchange for new version?
This is a great idea to have a Poco F1 maintainer and maybe everyone could get that tweaked build if somebody could make it work.

yeah they did it, and for me, All animations are acting much smoother. Great job, i feel like i Have a newer device. Big thx to All developers