Poco f2 pro redmi startup logo

Kmiden

Members
Aug 10, 2020
Hello, ever since I installed the eu rom on my poco f2 pro I get the Redmi logo during boot, is there a way to change this to poco f2 logo ? Thanks

Hello, ever since I installed the eu rom on my poco f2 pro I get the Redmi logo during boot, is there a way to change this to poco f2 logo ? Thanks

there are a lot of tutorials on youtube and xda. as example:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No. We don't touch the boot logo and animation because POCO F2 Pro shares the same ROM with Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition, which isn't a POCO device.
That been said, due to SafetyNet issues with POCO F2 Pro, we disabled the renaming of "Redmi K30 Pro" to "POCO F2 Pro" for the next release anyway.

No. We don't touch the boot logo and animation because POCO F2 Pro shares the same ROM with Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition, which isn't a POCO device.
That been said, due to SafetyNet issues with POCO F2 Pro, we disabled the renaming of "Redmi K30 Pro" to "POCO F2 Pro" for the next release anyway.
Ok, thanks. But I flashed the latest eu rom 20.8.25 and the bootlogo is Poco ? Strange..

Wouldn't it be more logical to go with the model name "Poco F2 Pro" ? After all the Poco is the global version of the K30 Pro and support european 5G bands, the K30 Pro does not.

Hello,

I installed the latest eu android 11 rom 20.8.25 on my Poco F2 Pro.
The bootlogo is poco, but now the device model name is Redmi K30 Pro.
Is there a conversion patch to flash with twrp to change the device model name back to Poco F2 Pro ? (Just like there is one for Redmi K20 Pro to Mi9T Pro)

Wouldn't it be more logical to go with the model name "Poco F2 Pro" ? After all the Poco is the global version of the K30 Pro and support european 5G bands, the K30 Pro does not.
K30 Pro Zoom Edition is not POCO F2 Pro, yet they share the same ROM, so no, it isn't more logical, we rather not touch it.

Ok, I understand.
And a conversionpatch that we can flash after each update, Would that be possible ?
Of course not. Devices with dynamic partitions are built with a feature called "shared blocks", which basically means certain files share blocks of data with other files. A feature like that forces the partitions to be read-only. Once you modify one file, you also modify other files that happen to share similar blocks, hence you break the system and won't be able to boot. Modifying such system partitions is technically not possible.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Oxnap and Poney70
Of course not. Devices with dynamic partitions are built with a feature called "shared blocks", which basically means certain files share blocks of data with other files. A feature like that forces the partitions to be read-only. Once you modify one file, you also modify other files that happen to share similar blocks, hence you break the system and won't be able to boot. Modifying such system partitions is technically not possible.
Thanks for explaining.