Poco F2 Pro: Restore MIUI Cloud Backup?

Riffer

Members
Aug 16, 2021
EDIT:

Did not work!

I restored most apps from google instead and had to put in all the credentials again...

Original question:

My phone is on the stock ROM 12.5.1 (RJKEUXM), and currently, it seems, only the cloud backup to Xioami works (at least for most apps and settings), while the local backup fails and leaves me with only a handful of kByte that will be useless for any restore. The really unwanted commercials popping up from time to time while I surf make me move to the EU ROM (I already switch off all the different options without effect, maybe a new option/bug in 12.5.1).

My question: Will I be able to restore settings/apps from the cloud after moving to EU ROM - so let's say, will I be able to connect the MI account again?
I am unsure because it says, "you won't be able to locate your phone after unlocking" at many places in the app and the phone.

That makes me wonder, "what else won't work?".

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
My phone is on the stock ROM 12.5.1 (RJKEUXM), and currently, it seems, only the cloud backup to Xioami works (at least for most apps and settings), while the local backup fails and leaves me with only a handful of kByte that will be useless for any restore. The really unwanted commercials popping up from time to time while I surf make me move to the EU ROM (I already switch off all the different options without effect, maybe a new option/bug in 12.5.1).

My question: Will I be able to restore settings/apps from the cloud after moving to EU ROM - so let's say, will I be able to connect the MI account again?
I am unsure because it says, "you won't be able to locate your phone after unlocking" at many places in the app and the phone.

That makes me wonder, "what else won't work?".

Thanks for your help!

I have the opposite problem: MIUI Cloud Backup doesn't work, while local backup does. When i try Xiaomi cloud backup, the percentage display goes slowly up to eightysomething %, stays there for quite some time, tells me backup was interrupted and offers to try again. I tried again and again, over different wlan connections, to no avail. My phone is unlocked and rooted via Magisk 23.

I did on the other hand try a local backup to the phone (saved under MIUI/backup/allbackup), moved the resulting backup folder to my Onedrive Cloud, reset my phone, copied the backup folder from my Onedrive back to MIUI/backup/allbackup on the phone and restored those data, which seems to have worked perfectly well.

Is Xiaomi Cloud Backup not working on unlocked/rooted devices a known problem? Or is there another reason somenone here knows about and could point me to?

To update you guys: it did not work - after the upgrade with the firmware from Xiaomi.EU I rejoined my MI account, and it showed there was data in the cloud but trying to restore it said: "no backup found" - may be caused by the different device names or hidden IDs.

I restored apps by Google Play instead and am still rebuilding all the separate credentials, settings, etc.
I hope this was the last one for a longer period.