New POCO F3 (12.5.6) - loses gps signal

nahsha

Members
Aug 25, 2021
Hi, I've noticed that I'm losing gps signal when using waze/maps! It appears that data/mobile service is crashing in the process resulting in "No Service" being displayed for a few seconds until reception is reestablished.

Can someone look into this issue?

Thanks!

El Fernas

Members
Jun 4, 2021
+1

I have faced a very similar issue since moving to Xiaomi.EU rom, i can see the quick access button that displays data plan counter to show "SIM card is not installed" for a few seconds until data/service is restored, i can see the bars do NOT go away but it shows "No service" where the provider name would go on the status bar.

For me it seems to work for a few days after a FW update is applied (i.e from 12.5.5 to 12.5.6) until a reboot is made and then the issue returns, during this time i can see the phone does NOT pick up 4G+ Networks so it remains in 4G (or lower) only, the issue seems to be only related to those networks, if i select "Prefer 3G" in mobile settings the issue is not happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: nahsha

nahsha

Members
Aug 25, 2021
Noticed the following in logcat, just in case:

IMS_FATAL]| 3730 |qpCheckSockEventsOnNetConnProfiles : pNetConnProfileArray NULL