POCO F3 - after flashing the rom and reboot internal storage is not accessible

stable_ai

Members
Jun 24, 2021
Hi, I've flashed the ROM and after it finished It asked to be to choose slot A or B, be default B was selected
and there were options for a reboot to System, recovery, fast boot.
I reboot to System but then it boots again no TWRP and now there is no internal storage and when I connect
the phone to USB there is not storage appearing.
Trying to boot into the System gives me the message that there is no OS installed.
What can I do to revert this to stock or install the ROM again?
please help me

Hi, I've flashed the ROM and after it finished It asked to be to choose slot A or B, be default B was selected
and there were options for a reboot to System, recovery, fast boot.
I reboot to System but then it boots again no TWRP and now there is no internal storage and when I connect
the phone to USB there is not storage appearing.
Trying to boot into the System gives me the message that there is no OS installed.
What can I do to revert this to stock or install the ROM again?
please help me
Reflash the zip via TWRP. boot it on fastboot mode
I don't see where you are asked to select the partition. For me it is no choice, only system wide.

== Guide - How to install a Xiaomi.eu ROM on recent devices (A/B partition) ==

1) Boot to TWRP via fastboot (use fastboot boot twrp_filename.img and NOT fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.img)

2) [For first/clean ROM install only!] Go in "Wipe" menu => " Format Data" button => Type 'yes' to confirm and enter (Go back in main menu of TWRP after that)

3) Connect your phone to your computer and use ADB command to push the Xiaomi.eu ROM to the /data folder

NOTE: Move the Xiaomi.eu ROM where you have "fastboot.exe" and "adb.exe" files, on your computer.

ADB command to push the ROM file is:

adb push -p xiaomi.eu_filename.zip /data/

INFO: The ' -p ' parameter, to display the transfert progress, requires a recent adb.exe version! You can remove this parameter if it doesn't work or use the latest ADB version => https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

4) After the transfert, install the Xiaomi.eu ROM in TWRP: Go in "Install" menu => Browse to '/data' folder => Tap on the ROM file and install it

5) After the installation, tap on "Reboot" button and you may see your current slot (A or B): Select the same slot as the current one and tap on "System" button

6) First boot will take some time (~5-15 minutes). Enjoy! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Luis.cb and Giulik
@Poney70 Thank you.

This is my first Xiaomi device and I missed that part of wiping data after ROM completed the install so this is probably why
I didn't have access to internal storage and no OS installed.
What I've done is:
1. Downloaded MiFlash20210226 (under Config deleted the Checkpoint %fastboot ... arguments)
2. Downloaded alioth_global_images_V12.5.1.0.RKHMIXM_20210517.0000.00_11.0_global the .tgz file and unzipped it and then unzipped the .tar
3. Reflashed the stock room from step 2 using the MiFlash from step 1 when the phone is in fastboot mode
4. After 640 seconds flashing completed successfully.
5.2 Then I've booted into fastboot and from there using CMD used fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.img to boot into TWRP
6. Installed the room again this time after installation completed went back and wiped data (when prompted entered "yes")
7. Done!

Note: follow this guide when flashing the rom.

@Poney70 Thank you.

This is my first Xiaomi device and I missed that part of wiping data after ROM completed the install so this is probably why
I didn't have access to internal storage and no OS installed.
What I've done is:
1. Downloaded MiFlash20210226 (under Config deleted the Checkpoint %fastboot ... arguments)
2. Downloaded alioth_global_images_V12.5.1.0.RKHMIXM_20210517.0000.00_11.0_global the .tgz file and unzipped it and then unzipped the .tar
3. Reflashed the stock room from step 2 using the MiFlash from step 1 when the phone is in fastboot mode
4. After 640 seconds flashing completed successfully.
5.2 Then I've booted into fastboot and from there using CMD used fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.img to boot into TWRP
6. Installed the room again this time after installation completed went back and wiped data (when prompted entered "yes")
7. Done!

Note: follow this guide when flashing the rom.
Keep out of your mind the word "wipe" it must be written FORMAT.
This is always a confusing story, from age...

Reactions: Poney70
== How to do the First Xiaomi.eu installation on recent devices (A/B partition), using Windows 7/8/10 ==

1) Boot to TWRP via fastboot (use fastboot boot twrp_filename.img and NOT fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.img)

2) Go in "Wipe" menu => " Format Data" button => Type 'yes' to confirm and enter

3) Tap on the "Home" button

4) Connect your phone to your computer and use ADB command to push the Xiaomi.eu ROM to /sdcard (= the internal storage of your phone)

NOTE: Move the Xiaomi.eu ROM where you have "fastboot.exe" and "adb.exe" files, on your computer.

adb push -p xiaomi.eu_filename.zip /sdcard

INFO: The ' -p ' parameter, to display the transfert progress, requires a recent adb.exe version! You can remove this parameter if it doesn't work or use the latest ADB version => https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

5) After the transfert is complete, install the Xiaomi.eu ROM in TWRP: Go in "Install" menu => Tap on the ROM file and install it

6) After the installation is complete, tap on "Reboot" button and you should see your current slot (A or B): Select the same slot as the current one and tap on "System" button.

7) First boot will take some time (~5 minutes). Enjoy! :D
After pushing the ROM zip file with this command, adb shows an error "no space left on device"... How can I fix that?

After pushing the ROM zip file with this command, adb shows an error "no space left on device"... How can I fix that?
I don't know..., you can try to format data again and you can also try this ADB command instead: adb push -p xiaomi.eu_filename.zip /data/media/0

:)

I don't know..., you can try to format data again and you can also try this ADB command instead: adb push -p xiaomi.eu_filename.zip /data/media/0

:)
Sorry. Turns out I'm a dumb prick and I did indeed still have stock MIUI installed. I just freaked out because TWRP said I have no OS installed and I wasnt able to boot into fastboot. Thanks for your help though :)

But I don't have the rom zip file on my phone and I don't know a way to move it inside the phone's storage..

first drive the ROM into the phone then run TWRP.
You chose a complicated installation procedure.
It's that simple.

== Guide - How to install a Xiaomi.eu ROM on recent devices (A/B partition) ==

2) [For first/clean ROM install only!] Go in "Wipe" menu => " Format Data" button => Type 'yes' to confirm and enter (Go back in main menu of TWRP after that)

3) Connect your phone to your computer and use ADB command to push the Xiaomi.eu ROM to the /data folder

ADB command to push the ROM file is:

adb push -p xiaomi.eu_filename.zip /data/

4) After the transfert, install the Xiaomi.eu ROM in TWRP: Go in "Install" menu => Browse to '/data' folder => Tap on the ROM file and install it

5) After the installation, tap on "Reboot" button and you may see your current slot (A or B): Select the same slot as the current one and tap on "System" button

6) First boot will take some time (~5-15 minutes). Enjoy! :D
Hey! following your steps i got and error "Error installing image file" thats all i got, followed all steps (unlocked bootloader) booted to twrp, format data, push rom and install it :S, any ideas?