New POCO X3 NFC 12.0.1 RJGMIXM SMS CRASH

Ian Moone

Members
Dec 26, 2020
Hey everyone,
Since the update to 12.0.1 RJGMIXM the default SMS app keeps crashing when I try to compile a new message. I downloaded the Google messages app it works fine. I just wanted to inform you about it.

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
According to the log, this ROM has serious database/SQLite issues. Very serious.
Not sure how we can help here, Xiaomi's negligence towards POCO X3 NFC shows...

Code:
E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid token LIMIT
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:57)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:11)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(Unknown Source:80)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:80)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:4)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:12)
E AndroidRuntime:     at d.a.c.s.Oa.b(Unknown Source:1)
E AndroidRuntime:     at com.android.mms.ui.NewMessageActivity$c.doInBackground(Unknown Source:34)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20)
E AndroidRuntime:     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
E AndroidRuntime:     ... 4 more

Ian Moone

Members
Dec 26, 2020
According to the log, this ROM has serious database/SQLite issues. Very serious.
Not sure how we can help here, Xiaomi's negligence towards POCO X3 NFC shows...

Code:
E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid token LIMIT
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:57)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:11)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(Unknown Source:80)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:80)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:4)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:12)
E AndroidRuntime:     at d.a.c.s.Oa.b(Unknown Source:1)
E AndroidRuntime:     at com.android.mms.ui.NewMessageActivity$c.doInBackground(Unknown Source:34)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20)
E AndroidRuntime:     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
E AndroidRuntime:     ... 4 more

That's great...Well, from what I understand, the mid range phones that don't have a Chinese variant are somewhat neglected...Anyway I know you will try your best . Either way thanks for looking into it.

mnikolce

Members
Apr 28, 2015
Is there a solution to it until now, or we should wait for an update?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Lufer

Members
Oct 4, 2019
Problems with the xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM_v12-11.zip rom, the sms app does not work and has no stability
The solution I think would be to install the previous version xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM. I have also tried the global rom, but it has many commercials so I better decide for xiaomi eu ROM.
Best regard

Last edited:
Reactions: mnikolce

mnikolce

Members
Apr 28, 2015
My sms app works, i send and receive sms, only when click on the "+" button then it crashes.
There are many ways from call log, from contacts to click and make sms.
Edit: sms app works only for old contacts who are already in the sms communication, I can not send sms to newly added contact.

Last edited:

Ian Moone

Members
Dec 26, 2020
My sms app works, i send and receive sms, only when click on the "+" button then it crashes.
There are many ways from call log, from contacts to click and make sms.
Edit: sms app works only for old contacts who are already in the sms communication, I can not send sms to newly added contact.

For me it only works if someone else sends me first and I reply to the message, everything else crashes, I'm guessing that it will be fixed on a next update, but not yet....There are also other bugs with the ROM.

Ian Moone

Members
Dec 26, 2020
Problems with the xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM_v12-11.zip rom, the sms app does not work and has no stability
The solution I think would be to install the previous version xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM. I have also tried the global rom, but it has many commercials so I better decide for xiaomi eu ROM.
Best regard
This is partly true, when I had the 12.0.9 everything worked fine. This rom is not horrible but also not very good, and it has to do with the building of it from xiaomi. But if I'm not wrong you can't just dirty flash a previous ROM.

Lufer

Members
Oct 4, 2019
I must tell you that I am using the OrangeFox recovery and To install the previous ROM, xiaomi.eu multi POCOX3NFC_V12.0.9.0.QJZMIXM you have to remove the cache, data, that is, do a clean installation, from scratch. So you will have to make a backup of your data.
Once installed, it gives you the option to update, but it is best not to update until a new rom is released.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-20-16-52-25-536_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-20-16-52-25-536_com.android.updater.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20210720_165436.jpg
    IMG_20210720_165436.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Ian Moone

Members
Dec 26, 2020
Yup, that's what I was talking about, if you have the time to set everything up again what you did is the best solution, for now I will just leave it as it is, as I can live with it for now and wait for an update! Thank you for informing us though.