New POCO X3 NFC 12.0.1 RJGMIXM SMS CRASH

Ian Moone

Members
Dec 26, 2020
Hey everyone,
Since the update to 12.0.1 RJGMIXM the default SMS app keeps crashing when I try to compile a new message. I downloaded the Google messages app it works fine. I just wanted to inform you about it.

According to the log, this ROM has serious database/SQLite issues. Very serious.
Not sure how we can help here, Xiaomi's negligence towards POCO X3 NFC shows...

Code:
E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid token LIMIT
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:57)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:11)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(Unknown Source:80)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:80)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:4)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:12)
E AndroidRuntime:     at d.a.c.s.Oa.b(Unknown Source:1)
E AndroidRuntime:     at com.android.mms.ui.NewMessageActivity$c.doInBackground(Unknown Source:34)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20)
E AndroidRuntime:     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
E AndroidRuntime:     ... 4 more

According to the log, this ROM has serious database/SQLite issues. Very serious.
Not sure how we can help here, Xiaomi's negligence towards POCO X3 NFC shows...

Code:
E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid token LIMIT
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:57)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:11)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(Unknown Source:80)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:80)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:4)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:12)
E AndroidRuntime:     at d.a.c.s.Oa.b(Unknown Source:1)
E AndroidRuntime:     at com.android.mms.ui.NewMessageActivity$c.doInBackground(Unknown Source:34)
E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20)
E AndroidRuntime:     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
E AndroidRuntime:     ... 4 more

That's great...Well, from what I understand, the mid range phones that don't have a Chinese variant are somewhat neglected...Anyway I know you will try your best . Either way thanks for looking into it.

Is there a solution to it until now, or we should wait for an update?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Problems with the xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM_v12-11.zip rom, the sms app does not work and has no stability
The solution I think would be to install the previous version xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM. I have also tried the global rom, but it has many commercials so I better decide for xiaomi eu ROM.
Best regard

Last edited:
Reactions: mnikolce
My sms app works, i send and receive sms, only when click on the "+" button then it crashes.
There are many ways from call log, from contacts to click and make sms.
Edit: sms app works only for old contacts who are already in the sms communication, I can not send sms to newly added contact.

Last edited:
My sms app works, i send and receive sms, only when click on the "+" button then it crashes.
There are many ways from call log, from contacts to click and make sms.
Edit: sms app works only for old contacts who are already in the sms communication, I can not send sms to newly added contact.

For me it only works if someone else sends me first and I reply to the message, everything else crashes, I'm guessing that it will be fixed on a next update, but not yet....There are also other bugs with the ROM.

Problems with the xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM_v12-11.zip rom, the sms app does not work and has no stability
The solution I think would be to install the previous version xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM. I have also tried the global rom, but it has many commercials so I better decide for xiaomi eu ROM.
Best regard
This is partly true, when I had the 12.0.9 everything worked fine. This rom is not horrible but also not very good, and it has to do with the building of it from xiaomi. But if I'm not wrong you can't just dirty flash a previous ROM.

I must tell you that I am using the OrangeFox recovery and To install the previous ROM, xiaomi.eu multi POCOX3NFC_V12.0.9.0.QJZMIXM you have to remove the cache, data, that is, do a clean installation, from scratch. So you will have to make a backup of your data.
Once installed, it gives you the option to update, but it is best not to update until a new rom is released.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-20-16-52-25-536_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-20-16-52-25-536_com.android.updater.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20210720_165436.jpg
    IMG_20210720_165436.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Yup, that's what I was talking about, if you have the time to set everything up again what you did is the best solution, for now I will just leave it as it is, as I can live with it for now and wait for an update! Thank you for informing us though.

Hello,im new here,anyone know how to fix this? I cant Change screen lock,fingerprint lock and facial local in my xiaomi 12,i dont know why,i already make factory reset and i ONLY can put One fingerprint on first configuration.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-19-16-22-41-658_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-19-16-22-41-658_com.android.settings.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 97
Hello,im new here,anyone know how to fix this? I cant Change screen lock,fingerprint lock and facial local in my xiaomi 12,i dont know why,i already make factory reset and i ONLY can put One fingerprint on first configuration.
I think you should open a new thread for this under bugs, because this is not relevant to the topic here and you will probably not find help under this thread.

I think you should open a new thread for this under bugs, because this is not relevant to the topic here and you will probably not find help under this thread.
No, he shouldn't, as it's not a ROM issue and he's the only one with that problem.

hello i need help on injection versions mui I'm freezing my device can't change the background of the locked screen from them when changing the topic when it restarts it doesn't work an hour on it always restarts all applications it doesn't write you don't know where the problem is? and I have a problem only me or several users of the memory is enough and a big card thank you for every normal advice thanks device poco x3 nfc

No, he shouldn't, as it's not a ROM issue and he's the only one with that problem.
Well that's true, but how will we know if we are the only ones with a problem if we don't report it as a question, or a bug? So maybe someone with a similar problem or a better idea could help, I mean isn't that the point of a community? Although i understand the difficulty of having to deal with a lot of threads and questions.....

Well that's true, but how will we know if we are the only ones with a problem if we don't report it as a question?So Maude someone with a similar problem or a better idea could help, I mean isn't that the point of a community? Although i understand the difficulty of having to deal with a lot of threads and questions.....
thanks, sorry for spam

Reactions: Ian Moone
Well that's true, but how will we know if we are the only ones with a problem if we don't report it as a question, or a bug? So maybe someone with a similar problem or a better idea could help, I mean isn't that the point of a community? Although i understand the difficulty of having to deal with a lot of threads and questions.....
The Bugs subforum is meant for the staff, not the community. The community doesn't fix bugs.