Invalid Poco X3 surya / Stable 12.0.9 ROM: Adaptive brightness

Denim

Members
May 30, 2021
Did a clean flash 12.0.9 xiaomi.eu ROM on Poco X3 surya. Adaptive brightness is buggy: it decrease too low in the dark and doesn't remember my preferences. Or when I've set the necessary level of brightness in the dark ambient and left the phone for a few minutes, after unlocking the phone the brightness again in the lowest level and i need to increase it again. In the bright ambient adaptive brightness works good. Didn't have such issue on stock MIUI 12.0.9 ROM.

Last edited:
Hear what? We don't have the device. We don't touch adaptive brightness, so nothing to do with us.
We appreciate your hard work! But stock global MI 12.0.9 ROM have perfect adaptive brightness... The issue is on xiaomi.eu 12.0.9 unfortunately...Maybe you can have a look into that please?

We appreciate your hard work! But stock global MI 12.0.9 ROM have perfect adaptive brightness... The issue is on xiaomi.eu 12.0.9 unfortunately...Maybe you can have a look into that please?
Into what? Like I said, we don't touch adaptive brightness on any device, so what am I supposed to look at, especially when none of us have that device?

Into what? Like I said, we don't touch adaptive brightness on any device, so what am I supposed to look at, especially when none of us have that device?
Maybe it's not working correctly because of some optimization, tweaks etc... you've added to your ROM. Conflicting with something idk... How can I help to investigate this issue having rooted Poco X3?

Maybe it's not working correctly because of some optimization, tweaks etc... you've added to your ROM. Conflicting with something idk... How can I help to investigate this issue having rooted Poco X3?
Or maybe because the stars are aligned not in our favor... but guessing leads to nowhere.

How can I help to investigate this issue having rooted Poco X3?
Don't even know what to look for. We don't add anything that affects the display.

A lot of users confirmed this issue in other forum. Hope to hear something from xiaomi.eu devs....
This behavior is not new!
All my different XIAOMI phone exhibited this poor night brightness level setting. It is present on Stock rom the same and barely corrected on AOSP custom ROM.
Always reported at XIAOMI, but never corrected. Period
Nothing to do with EU rom

So sad to see "invalid" mark on this thread... I checked once again flashed stock miui 12.0.9 via fastboot to check this issue. On stock ROM 12.0.9 adaptive brightness is correct, doesn't set minimal level of brightness after unlocking the phone, always follow the preferred minimal level of brightness!

Guys who have this issue on Xiaomi.eu 12.0.9! Did you have it on stock MIUI 12.0.9?

I confirm. I also have problems with adaptive brightness. In low light, she sets the brightness to a minimum and the phone becomes extremely difficult to use. 12.0.6 Poco X3 PRO vayu

So sad to see "invalid" mark on this thread... I checked once again flashed stock miui 12.0.9 via fastboot to check this issue. On stock ROM 12.0.9 adaptive brightness is correct, doesn't set minimal level of brightness after unlocking the phone, always follow the preferred minimal level of brightness!
obviously that is the way that problems with xioami.eu roms are treated here accompanied with nice comments by Igor. Just experienced the same. Thread was marked as invalid. Very arrogant behaviour from xiaomi.eu

obviously that is the way that problems with xioami.eu roms are treated here accompanied with nice comments by Igor. Just experienced the same. Thread was marked as invalid. Very arrogant behaviour from xiaomi.eu
What would be the point to keep up threads of issues the team consider impossible to solve, or out of their control ?