Poco X4 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentunet

Members
Nov 22, 2022
Hi!
I can't see any post about the POCO X4 GT, but at MIUI 13 Stable release it looks that the ROM it's the same that the Redmi Note 11T Pro, and in the Supported Devices it appears as a Mediatek exception.
Anyone tested it? It's safe?
I used miui.eu at mi old Mi9SE and i was very happy with it.
Thanks and sorry for my english!

The ROM was released a month ago and it's still up and available to download.
Isn't it obvious that if it's still available then no issues were reported?

Reactions: sentunet
Hi! Just installed the rom with fastboot on my Poco X4 GT.
I'm from Italy and I didn't think that in China there's no POCO and XAGA is actually the Redmi Note 11T Pro. This make me laugh because my phone actually became a Redmi Note 11T Pro.
So.. no POCO MIUI, only standard MIUI. I'm wondering if the POCO rom was better (I dont even know if it was a global or EEA).
There are some pros and some cons in this rom:

Pros:
-no ads, no bloatware.
-various themes, but the app is in chinese
-calendar, dialer and messages are not google-centric. I always preferred the xiaomi ones.
-It seems to be faster overall.
-mail app by xiaomi! I'm quite a fan of it.

Cons:
- no poco launcher, icons, theme (but with the app drawer it's very close)
-no games optimization (game turbo or something like that is not present)
- update issues(?)

I am wondering how could I update this rom. Xiaomi.eu always used twrp, updater app just rebooted on recovery to install any update.
Now without twrp I think I should manually download the rom on my pc and run the update script any time there's an update? Is Updater app useless?

If anyone could answer this last question I'd be helpful in order to decide to come back to POCO MIUI or not.
Thank youuu!

Hi! Just installed the rom with fastboot on my Poco X4 GT.
I'm from Italy and I didn't think that in China there's no POCO and XAGA is actually the Redmi Note 11T Pro. This make me laugh because my phone actually became a Redmi Note 11T Pro.
So.. no POCO MIUI, only standard MIUI. I'm wondering if the POCO rom was better (I dont even know if it was a global or EEA).
There are some pros and some cons in this rom:

Pros:
-no ads, no bloatware.
-various themes, but the app is in chinese
-calendar, dialer and messages are not google-centric. I always preferred the xiaomi ones.
-It seems to be faster overall.
-mail app by xiaomi! I'm quite a fan of it.

Cons:
- no poco launcher, icons, theme (but with the app drawer it's very close)
-no games optimization (game turbo or something like that is not present)
- update issues(?)

I am wondering how could I update this rom. Xiaomi.eu always used twrp, updater app just rebooted on recovery to install any update.
Now without twrp I think I should manually download the rom on my pc and run the update script any time there's an update? Is Updater app useless?

If anyone could answer this last question I'd be helpful in order to decide to come back to POCO MIUI or not.
Thank youuu!
Yes, until a recovery is available, the updater functionality will be limited.

Reactions: mikilinux
Yes, until a recovery is available, the updater functionality will be limited.
Ok!
not so "cool" but i can manage it, if fastboot updates work well.

now i'm thinking if I want a POCO miui or not.
differences are minimal, EEA rom also has some limitations (themes, chrome and other google apps not uninstallable), volume limit (i think).
chinese miui with app drawer and a different theme is quite as cool as poco miui.
Last question: Will I have to format data , when a compatible TWRP and related rom come out?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.