Pocophone - incall problem with the microphone

paskoff

Members
Jan 28, 2015
Hello everyone! I would like to ask one question: is there anyone who has a problem with the main microphone? I mean, when I am on regular call, the other side claim that my voice breaks, and there are some gaps with silence. And that make conversation very difficult. I've change the place of my SIM card, but there is no difference. At the beginning my thoughts were that's happend because of poor network coverage, but the problem persist even in perfect coverage. Then, I've start to record all of my conversations, and when somebody complain of that, I have listened the record....and I found that my voice was not recorded clearly - there was that gaps and breaks of my voice, I talked earlier. So, my decision is, either the the main mic is some kind of broken, or the noise canceling mic do the trick and filtering my voice, thinking it's a background noise. I have found patch in XDA, which must block the upper microphone in order to stop echo-incall, and to stop it from blocking background noises. But no luck again! What should I have to do, so I could use my phone as a phone, and to make a clear conversation without interruptions? Anyone face that issue? Thank's in advance!

Hello!

I had the same problem as you. I also thought i had a problem with my mic. And before i tried the XDA trick I flashed a file called "
fw_beryllium_miui_POCOF1Global_V10.0.6.0.OEJMIFH_c5f0857b02_8.1.zip". I think that when i flashed that zip it replaced the modem file and the problems were gone. I am using miui 11 stable. If you have problems finding that file online PM me.

Thank's! Actually I have reaplied that "fix" and I removed some permission form many apps, which asked for access to microphone, and till now nobody complain about bad connection! We"ll see!

Reactions: Rui_Melo
Hello , can someone tell me will flashing this file , erase all my data, or it just replace some settings, and are all the rest things ok after flashing this , like battery drain ect....
And can someone explain step by step how to flash it? The way i know is install TWRP , root the phone and install the zip thru TWRP menu.

Thanks.