Poor GPS

Ibrahim bahakim

Members
Dec 13, 2020
Hello. Anyone facing issue with the GPS? I'm using Google maps and it keeps giving me (GPS signal lost) in fact I used Google maps on my car screen and it was working fine. You can see the video I put on YouTube.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not moving or anything.

Using mi 10 ultra 512gb on weekly rom.

BTW this is an app called GPS test I think. And these are the results. I have no idea what they mean.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-04-14-10-13-391_com.chartcross.gpstest.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-04-14-10-13-391_com.chartcross.gpstest.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 395
Hello. Anyone facing issue with the GPS? I'm using Google maps and it keeps giving me (GPS signal lost) in fact I used Google maps on my car screen and it was working fine. You can see the video I put on YouTube.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not moving or anything.

Using mi 10 ultra 512gb on weekly rom.
Hi Ibrahim, I have the same issue, did you fix it? I was about to wipe and reload ROM but checking everything first!
Thanks

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

I have now fixed my GPS, which was a combination of things including the case, the firmware not installed properly. For others here is the process I went through and references.
My symptoms were that I could get GPS Satallite data, but would then loose GPS connection in Google Maps. It was quite strange as Google Maps Go worked, but not Google Maps nor Waze, nor Fitness tracker maps!

Process
How to fix Android GPS Issues
When you encounter a problem with your GPS, it can be anything from the Android GPS not working at all or the GPS showing a wrong location. Let us look for solutions to fix Android GPS issues to make sure that our GPS works as expected when we decide to go on a road trip.
Solution 1: Toggle your GPS
Turn your location off and on
Solution 2: Toggle airplane mode
Solution 3: Disable power saving mode
Solution 4: Restart your device & CHECK it without the cover
Solution 5: Tweak your GPS Settings
Goto Location long press and change settings, even change save and then change back and resave
Solution 6: Update Google Maps
Solution 7: Clear cache and data for maps/others
Either long press on the app and then info, and delete there
or in Application manager
Some report clearing cache/data in other apps solved issue
Solution 8: Download GPS Status & Toolbox App
Check if getting GPS satellites and signals (identify if it is GPS or Maps), open menu and select “Manage A-GPS state”. I also used GPS Tools for checking satellites.
Solution 9: Update your firmware.
My load of Xiaomi.eu was not decrypted due to issues installing. Reloaded and double checked as well as clearing data and caches. Tried G-Maps before loading of backups.
Solution 10: Reset to factory Settings
Reloading the firmware can also do this.
Goto to settings and tap on “Backup and Reset” First make a backup, then reset the device, before loading the backup check the GPS & Maps.
Other further work in How to fix Android GPS Issues (On All Variants)
Solution 11: Safe Mode
Check of other Apps affecting your GPS
  • Press and hold power key for options
  • Press & hold Power Off till a popup asks if you want to use Safe Mode
  • Ok Safe mode, which will be written on screen as well.
Check if GPS works, if so problem could be other third party App. Reboot to get back to normal operation.

Good luck!

Reactions: Ibrahim bahakim