Problem Flashing Xiaomi.eu Rom On Mi3 With Twrp

Thomas Bertoux

Members
Jun 7, 2016
Hi all

I'm encountering an issue when flashing a xiaomi.eu ROM on my Mi3 with TWRP
Error message is :
mount: no partition named "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata" (see attached picture)
I'm on TWRP 3.0.2.0 and I tried to use 3.0.0.0 as well.

Do you know how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks
Regards
Thomas

Attachments

• c04fee9c-ba3b-40cc-baaa-f14d6f8e5735.jpg
    c04fee9c-ba3b-40cc-baaa-f14d6f8e5735.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,062
What is this ?
Is your problem solved yet? I had the same problem. What Marco asked you was whether you two system partitions are merged yet? If not you need to do it. You do it by installing a certain ROM twice in a row. It is the first MM android 6.0 ROM from xiaomi.eu for mi3. After that, mi recovery gets deleted and TWRP gets installed. To solve your issue you need to fully charge your phone, let it cool down. Boot phone to TWRP and rebuild partitions using advance options selecting system only. Shutdown and boot to fastboot. Shut down again and reboot to TWRP and install ROM. It will take time but it is working even with the partition error. As long as you don't get error 7, be prepared to wait for an hour may be to install ROM. If you still get error 7, then I don't know. That is what I did when I had this "no partition named" error.

best is to start with a clean flash of xiaomi fastboot 6.3.17 rom via miflash. It will make correct partitions.
Then boot twrp and install xiaomi.eu, you will get a brand new device.

Hi all

I'm encountering an issue when flashing a xiaomi.eu ROM on my Mi3 with TWRP
Error message is :
mount: no partition named "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata" (see attached picture)
I'm on TWRP 3.0.2.0 and I tried to use 3.0.0.0 as well.

Do you know how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks
Regards
Thomas

Im doing with this step:
1. install TWRP (me use 3.0.2.0) via adb fastboot
2. unlock bootloader if locked via adb fastboot
3.a. use MIFlash to flash China fastboot ROM *** this step is necessary because to merge system and system1 partition
3.b. or merge partition with any other way like use zip installer or linux command *** google it, theres many about it
4. let your device reboot and follow the new rom setting
5. reboot into recovery
6. Wipe (davlik, system, data, cache)
7. Install EU Rom
8. Done

I've just taken delivery of two Redmi 3 Pro handsets from Banggood, the initial set up went fine with the play store being already installed and all was fine, however once I reboot the phone Play store / Gmail will not work and I cannot log into them..the only thing that solves this is resetting the phone which results in Play store Gmail working until another reboot ! will installing the EU Rom solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance

I've just taken delivery of two Redmi 3 Pro handsets from Banggood, the initial set up went fine with the play store being already installed and all was fine, however once I reboot the phone Play store / Gmail will not work and I cannot log into them..the only thing that solves this is resetting the phone which results in Play store Gmail working until another reboot ! will installing the EU Rom solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance

I never had a problem like that,
Thats the distributor rom?

I recommend you to flash it with eu rom or official rom, your problem will dissapear like magic

Hi, thanks for that. I have read somewhere that the redmi 3 needs to be unlocked before flashing..is this correct? It's been a while since I flashed my redmi 2 ...could you point me in the direction of a guide and the correct ROMs ?

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for that. I have read somewhere that the redmi 3 needs to be unlocked before flashing..is this correct? It's been a while since I flashed my redmi 2 ...could you point me in the direction of a guide and the correct ROMs ?

Thanks.

yes it is need to unlock first if your device bootloader is locked, for how to unlock it you can search the forum there is many way to unlock it.

Unlock bootloader:
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228054&extra=page=1&page=1&mobile=2

the EU rom you can download it from here for redmi 3 :
Stable MIUI 7 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533103863138006
Weekly MIUI 8 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424942072

hope this can help :)

oh yeah btw what is your device? the link above is for xiaomi redmi 3 / pro.

i dont know exactly what your device is, because the name redmi 3 is can be one of these:
1. xiaomi redmi 3 / pro
2. xiaomi redmi note 3
3. xiaomi redmi 3s/3x

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for this.

It's a Redmi 3 Pro.

I managed to sort it without the unlock by using the guide on the forum (can't post a link sorry..not enough posts) and the relevant ROM (MIUI 7), I did try the MIUI8 ROM but that was giving me issues with Google too (Play Store / Gmail etc not working)

But the MIUI7 ROM is great so far.

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: exalted piece