Problem Updating New Redmi Note 3 Pro

milze

Members
Apr 23, 2016
Hey I recently bought a Redmi Note 3 Pro (32GB, 3GB) which is on Miui 7.1.9.0.0 Stable Global (flashed by seller). Trying to upgrade to 7.2.3.0 Global Stable (from miui.com) with the Updater app it just reboots ~1 min after selecting the zip without actually having been upgraded. OTA updating doesn't work as it just says No updates available, so that's not an option either. If i choose a zip with the China developer rom it says "Can't verify update Couldn't verify update package". And if I click Settings -> What's new in the update app it says can't connect to the network even though everything else on the internet works fine. What's also weird is that I can't find any reference to it being the pro version (settings say Redmi Note 3), but AntaTu benchmark is ~74000 so it's seems to be a real one. Has anyone any idea what I can do to get this to work?

Check if the firmware is for the pro (snapdragon) model and not for the mediatek model.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Got it working by flashing with ADB + Miflash, was probably only seller's custom rom screwing with it

Would you please share how you did that? I have exactly the same problems, same phone and same strange ROM.
Are you able to Update ota after flashing?

Best regards
Jan

Well I must be a complete idiot. Tried follwing the same guide - no luck. Halts when I start the flashing procedure with an error after 5 seconds "reached end of file"
Gearbest sucks and gives Xiaomi a really bad name. I was supposed to write a review of the Redmi note 3 Pro. That review is impossible to write due to buggy Gearbest ROM.

I had MTK phones up to this one, which seems more difficult to mess around with.

I had trouble as well, it was because I had not opened up the file I was flashing correctly, must be as thumbnail

you have to use the file in Muz's thread Global Stable (V7.1.8.0)

after installing this the phone updated to the latest version 7.2.3.0 ota

Must admit at one stage thought I would end up bricking it.

Attachments

• 223731ede7kb27b7n7uvid[1].png
    223731ede7kb27b7n7uvid[1].png
    48.8 KB · Views: 587
You can flash a Fastboot rom with MiFlash, but i think you must unlocking bootloader first.

Xiaomi Unlock Service -> waiting for permission -> update to China dev when it work or China stable and than China dev for unlocking bootloader.

After I unlocked my device, I couldn't flash Global rom to my Note 3 Pro. I used Fastboot rom with MiFlash.

But Global dev rom haven't root yet. Now I have Twrp, Xiaomi.eu rom and Root.

I had MTK phones up to this one, which seems more difficult to mess around with.

I had trouble as well, it was because I had not opened up the file I was flashing correctly, must be as thumbnail

you have to use the file in Muz's thread Global Stable (V7.1.8.0)

after installing this the phone updated to the latest version 7.2.3.0 ota

Must admit at one stage thought I would end up bricking it.
Thank you for your answer. I did manage to flash using the Muz method. Worked like a charm when I tried from a Windows 10 installation.
Now I am on 7.2.4 global but really want to change the locale to Denmark. So I guess I will ned another flash.