Problem with 12.1.3.0 update

bo6o

Members
Jul 12, 2014
Hi, yesterday installed the latest stable version on Mi Note 10 Pro, dirty install over the previous - 12.0.2.0 - every single app would crash in attempt to load and the phone was unusable. Did format data(after I managed to download data from the phone only from TWRP - with miui, file transfer crashed every time and there were multiple instances of "internal storage" to choose from), did fresh install, and I think I know where the problem is - in settings and in TWRP, system says I have 256GB storage with minimum occupied space, but after I installed a few apps - Gplay says - no more storage and the Files app crashes when I try to browse the internal storage(noticed it first while trying to choose a ringtone and the app crashed while browsing the files).
I'm downloading 12.0.2.0 to check if it is a problem with the new version, or something worse has happened. Any ideas for fixing would be welcome.

Edit - Installed 12.0.2.0 and the problem is gone. May be something in the installation script is "splitting" the internal storage to small pieces(just a guess, might be twrp problem?). The strange thing, is that no one else has the problem...

Last edited:
I have the exact same problems as yours. And I need to downgrade to android 10 based to solve my problem

So I read what has to be done and I did it - added the dual app account I had and deleted it afterwards from Security app. So now I can install the update and not worry for having problems? Seems strange - formatting data should have solved this, I think?

So I read what has to be done and I did it - added the dual app account I had and deleted it afterwards from Security app. So now I can install the update and not worry for having problems? Seems strange - formatting data should have solved this, I think?
Format data yes will solve it, but afterward don't enable dual app. My problem solved by deleting dual app account

Reactions: bo6o
Thanks, mate. I haven't even noticed that the update is to Android 11 and haven't heard of the problem. No Viber now for the work sim card, but also no worries :)

Just installed 12.1.5, after 12.1.3 came twice as an update, and I'm wondering how will we know if the problem with dual apps is cured, despite risking to try?