Problem With Battery On My Redmi Note 2

There common factor is the battery. The difference I've just experienced supports a battery issue.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Sorry for it slightly wrong from memory, this is the one I was trying to guess.

The right manual battery calibration is

1. Use your phone until it totally shutdown
2. Charge it in offline mode until it reaches 100%
3. When it reaches 100%, plug off the charger and turn it on.
4. After turn on, please don't use it for 30 minutes
5. After the 30 minutes of standby time, plug the charger and charge it for 30minutes
6. After 30 minutes of charging, plug it off and its now calibrated. Repeat it a least once a month.

Reactions: aresfadella
Another version

our battery needs calibrated. You need to let it discharge completely. You then need to keep the phone switched off and charge it to 100%. Disconnect the charger, pull the battery out the phone, reinsert it and plug in the charger again. You will see that even though it said 100%, when you reconnect it will be reduced to 90 or 80%. Keep the phone off and let it charge to 100%. Again disconnect the charger, pull the battery, reseat the battery and charge again.
Repeat this process until the battery is 100% after repeating the process several times.

So what's using the battery?
With new rom I managed to get over 5 hours sot. WiFi always on, data on, fb messenger and viber, about half an hour of voice calls, two Sim cards always active. No games and GPS.

b5de96a952f37a542d2fbbab783ba39a.jpg

Reactions: Stefano131270
So what's using the battery?
With new rom I managed to get over 5 hours sot. WiFi always on, data on, fb messenger and viber, about half an hour of voice calls, two Sim cards always active. No games and GPS.

Which rom?

6.2.18 latest developers version

I don't know if it matters, but for 2 out of 5+ hours I was watching YouTube videos

After my bad battery discharged I tried the reconditioning, switched the phone off plugged in the charger and it display 44% battery.
I let it charge to 100%, unplugged, removed battery, & repeated a couple of times.
So far today the battery use/ drain has been reasonable.

79e55f3edbcee5355321abdd023a4967.jpg

After my bad battery discharged I tried the reconditioning, switched the phone off plugged in the charger and it display 44% battery.
I let it charge to 100%, unplugged, removed battery, & repeated a couple of times.
So far today the battery use/ drain has been reasonable.

79e55f3edbcee5355321abdd023a4967.jpg

Good result more than ragionabile. See you in a couple of months with these treatments, let me know

From my experience, the Google play services wakelock is a big problem. I installed 5.12.21 and turned location off (hold on GPS icon in settings from pull down, and click on location access switch to switch it off). Now I can see that the phone is not held awake as long as before, and I can get 3h SoT with 24h active over wifi, and 30-40% worse result when on mobile data only depending of 3g/4g connectivity.

90dffe8197961db55c0ff0fe0b65521c.jpg

03254857f903b42825a4b2fa9ed22ac1.jpg

I tried the tip and disabled the Google play background stuff and s couple of others.
I was mainly using for eBook reading but had the 4g on.
Still got over 60% and SOT of over 2hrs.
This is also after doing a bit of conditioning I've posted earlier