Problem with contact.apk!?!? On MIUI 1.5.6 (RC8b)!

peurocs4

Members
May 4, 2011
I had a problem with MIUI 1.5.6 contact recogniting, it shows how it's wrong on the video below...
[video=youtube;y2GYOWQ9udY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2GYOWQ9udY[/video]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Temporally FIX Until Next Release!!!

But thanks to "Kraken", I have solve the problem temporally...

So, basically, you have to make "google contact list", if you haven't done it so...
And while you are setting "google contact list" up, make sure you are putting phone numbers in "0123456789" format instead of "012-345-6789" or "+1-012-345-6789"!!!

1204933A4DCAFF2D0E1E87

Make Sure To Use Same Google Account As Your Phone's & Your Google Contact List!!!

Just remove the "-" in the contact's number. this issue is caused by the dashes.

Hi there,
I've noticed in your video that you're using swipe, how did you manage to install it ?
Thank you!

Sent from my HTC G2 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Just remove the "-" in the contact's number. this issue is caused by the dashes.

I would like to delete the dashes (have tried before asking)
But it's automatic filling-in text field (=mask textbox)
so, whenever I tries to delete it, it just doesn't let me!

Hi there,
I've noticed in your video that you're using swipe, how did you manage to install it ?
Thank you!

Sent from my HTC G2 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

You can search Swype by google-ing it...
For what I know, since HTC G2 originally have Swype installed as stock app,
It should be easy to search for it!

Now, the Swype you saw on my video is not the 100% STOCK version of Swype
I themed with Gingerbread look...
This is the site where you will get the first original Gingerbread Theme for Swype.
-And-
I edited his version a little, and made my "Ginwype", which comes from word Gingerbread & Swype!!!

I would like to delete the dashes (have tried before asking)
But it's automatic filling-in text field (=mask textbox)
so, whenever I tries to delete it, it just doesn't let me!

If you have google sync enabled you can edit the contacts @ google.com/contacts
That should do the trick :)

Swype Beta

Hi there,
Thank you!

I'm not sure about the poster, but I just installed the beta on my Nexus One. Just go to the Swype website and sign up for the beta. I ended up installing Swype because I am having a problem with the default android keyboard only suggesting names from my contact list, rather than normal words. I've tried to resolve it, but haven't had any luck. Either way, I think I'll stick with the Swype beta. It is pretty awesome, and I would recommend it.

I'm not sure about the poster, but I just installed the beta on my Nexus One. Just go to the Swype website and sign up for the beta. I ended up installing Swype because I am having a problem with the default android keyboard only suggesting names from my contact list, rather than normal words. I've tried to resolve it, but haven't had any luck. Either way, I think I'll stick with the Swype beta. It is pretty awesome, and I would recommend it.

Well, there is one problem with that, NOT ALL the phones are supported with official Swype