Problem with my screen

Reignman

Members
Mar 10, 2013
Hello All!

I bought my MI2S a few months back from ibuygou.
The past few days I noticed that a part of my screen (on the left edge side almost in the middle)
has for some reason created half a circle and all the pixels on it appear yellowish.
r4f1.jpg

I contacted ibuygou and they told me to check here first.
Has anyone else faced this kind of problem?

Regards,

Nick

I have, but mine its on the right side of the screen... i have mi2 32gb. i also contacted ibuygou and waiting for instructions to sent it back for repair/replace. I have the exact same problem... half yellowish circle. I saw that on my cousins Nexus S (lcd). It got worse and worse until it stopped working (the screen).

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

Every now and then an example of poor build appears.
This is what's going to scupper the chances of mainstream acceptance. Unless of course it's fixed easily and quickly.

I got the exact same problem, bought it from ibuygou too few moth ago, didnt contact them yet cause i thought there is nothing to do since i live in israel and dont know if they can do anything about it..
what kind of answer is check here first anyway?..
should i contact them too then? or ill get the same lousy answer?

Tomer

Without trying to be anyone's lawyer, it sounds logical since there is a cooperation to see if anyone else has faced this. If so, how easily can it be fixed without having to send the phone back to China... All things have warranty so being in Israel changes only the time it needs to come back and forth..

Στάλθηκε από το MI 2S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2

i doubt they will be able to fix it without sending it back.. anyway i sent them an email too, ill update if ill have any news

well, the answer is to send it back to china, gonna take at least one week to fix it, without the shipping time, and its probably gonna cost money for changing the screen, tho i dont understrand why sould i pay for a problem that is probably faulty screen since few people got it..

didnt decide if i gonna send it or not since im not have the time to be without my smartphone, but not gonna reccomend xiaomi to anyone anymore... :\

Same deal here.
Xiaomi recommended ibuygou that I should wipe all my data first.
I did it although I could not understand the reason and since nothing
had changed, the response was to send the phone back to China.
I'm waiting for a response on how long would I have
to stay without a phone and if I would get charged for anything
(besides the postal services).

yeah i wipe it too as they say, dunno why it matters..

and the answers i got as i said before is, at least a week without shipping time to each direction. and there probably will be a cost to change the screen

I have this on the top of my nexus 7 too

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello again!

So the response from ibuygou was that the phone needs a week AT LEAST to get fixed and counting
also the days back and forth I would have no phone for AT LEAST three weeks.
If the problem is the screen there will be a charge for replacing it. Of course the problem is a
faulty screen since I hadn't done anything to it.
Had I known that I have NO warranty buying this phone, I would chose another brand at least with
a presence in my country, or better yet one of those very good clones that many of my friends have
and I was making fun of. At least every time they had a problem a new phone replaced the
problematic without anyone get charged.
I'm sorry to say this but, I won't recommend Xiaomi phones to anyone again, nor will I update to
MI3 as I was planning.

Thanks for offering me a place to speak of my unfortunate experience with ibuygou and Xiaomi.

Nick

nick, exactly what i feel about xiaomi and ibuygou from the exact same problem..
hope people will know about the lack of service and take responseblity for their own faulty parts

Tomer

I didn't buy a cheap clone. For the money I paid I could have bought a Galaxy S3 or something as good as it.
There's no excuse when you buy something to not acknowledge warranty...

No, but you got a faster processor and more ram. And you loose service.
I mean you bought that phone in china, what did you expected?
We all took that risk. If the phone work for 2 years - yeah fine, if not - hm bad.
Its really expensive to offer a service like you got in europe from samsung or apple.
If you want that, you have to pay that money.

I also mentioned this to the local MIUI forum and their response was completely different. I'll wait for their contact with Xiaomi and we'll see...