New Problem with Navigation during calls MI10 5G

vatastala

Members
Oct 20, 2020
Hello, I want to report a problem with my new Xiaomi MI10 that I encountered since the purchase of the phone because, unlike the previous phone (huawei), while using the same telephone operator (in Italy WINDTRE) there is obviously a bug for which while I am using nav (GMaps or Waze) and I receive a phone call, the nav stops working with the message "GPS signal interrupted", and starts immediately when the call ends. I contacted Xiaomi and was told to enable VoLTE technology, although I have enabled the switch my operator still does not support VoLTE, and in any case I do not understand at all what this technology has to do with continuing to use the simple GPS during a call. It was explained to me by my operator says that, when making a phone call, the network switches from 4G/LTE to 3G/UMTS (in fact any other program with Facebook or Instagram continues to work on the network), only the nav is unable to work and loses GPS. The only workaround I managed to do is to enter the menu * # * # 4636 # * # * and set the connection tree as LTE/GSM network, in this way when I make / receive a call the phone completely disconnects the data network and the navigator magically continues to work with only GPS. All this happens both with the official ROMs and with those of Xiaomi.eu.

I hope someone can help me, I would like to be able to use the navigator while keeping the data connection active, thanks