Problem with proximity sensor [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moldrok

Members
Jun 23, 2018
Hi guys!

I have a problem with the proximity sensor: when i put the telephone near my hear ( when i make a phone call or for WhatsApp audios) the screen doesnt turn off. I've already tried the test (hardware test or proximity sensor): It doesnt show any functional signal and the needle doesnt swing. I'm Pretty sure the telephone didnt get hit, so i cant understand why this is happening.

Is There anyone with the same problem? Do you have any suggestion?

Hi guys!

I have a problem with the proximity sensor: when i put the telephone near my hear ( when i make a phone call or for WhatsApp audios) the screen doesnt turn off. I've already tried the test (hardware test or proximity sensor): It doesnt show any functional signal and the needle doesnt swing. I'm Pretty sure the telephone didnt get hit, so i cant understand why this is happening.

Is There anyone with the same problem? Do you have any suggestion?
Yep for me too proximity sensor doesn't work properly during phone calls. Very annoying bug because of accidentally touches by the ear

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Yep for me too proximity sensor doesn't work properly during phone calls. Very annoying bug because of accidentally touches by the ear

i tried to flash also global but proximity sensor doesn t work, the display is always turned on ...do u have the same problem?

i tried to flash also global but proximity sensor doesn t work, the display is always turned on ...do u have the same problem?
Yep I also tried with global ROM but same issue. You should report this issue on official miui forum then share the link for bug report here

Yep I also tried with global ROM but same issue. You should report this issue on official miui forum then share the link for bug report here

Mine still does not work. Makes the phone useless for calls...

The ultrasound proximity sensor is definitely less efficient than the ones we were confortable with.
Still I have a couple of tips in order to make the call experience less annoying.

First, try to calibrate the proximity sensor by entering the proper menu under settings \ device \ all specs and tap 5 times on "kernel version" \ additional tools (top right menu).

Then a workaround is... switching off the screen before you put the phone close to your ear. You can do that simply by pressing power button or, as I do, setting up a shortcut (for me is long-press on recent app button). It may appear weird, but you quickly get used to it.

Reactions: Oyabun Wiep
I wrote "workaround" and not "solution" on purpose.
By the way, which is the confirmation button?

You have to log in with your mi account to see confirm button (orange coloured rectangular shape box under the bug report)

Reactions: Guildamx
Status
Not open for further replies.