Problems flashing rom

Ultrasonic

Members
Jan 3, 2013
Got my Xiaomi mi-2 yesterday. Of course the first ting to do is flashing an miuiandroid rom.
After reading al the guides I started with flashing but I encounters a lot of problems.

First, I don’t have the updater app, I really don’t have it. So can’t use that method.

Second, start the phone in recovery (use power and volume up) I get into something called Android system restore. It looks like recovery has wipe functions and a backup and restore function. Also the option to flash a zip file form SD or Cache, tried both with different roms but always getting a fail. It says Invalid OTA update package, even with a official miui rom.

Third, flash with fastboot, not fully explored this function but when I use the power and volume down buttons I get into factory mode, can do some test in here and format the mEEC.

Someone has a idea how to flash the rom?

Its on a jlb5.0

Also the play store is not working

i'm sorry to say that this does not seem like a original Mi2 based on the recovery. It should say MI-Recovery 2.0.0 and start with 2 options for language. then give you 4 options Reboot,Wipe&Reset, Install update.zip to system one and power off. If you dont get this then you have Non original Mi2. If you flip the phone over what is the order of stuff on back. It should be speaker,camera,flash,noise cancelling mic.

Reactions: AirieFenix
From china, I am pretty sure its is a real one. Don’t have the phone here otherwise I would give you a screenshot.

I read on the miui website that to get into the fastboot you need to push the volume down butten and then insert the usb cable?

Will test it when I am back at home

I got mine in Shanghai, xujiahui metro city, they told me no one in China would fake a xiaomi because its chinese, they only fake apple and Samsung, then again he also told me that xiaomi m2 is rubbish, so he was clearly an idiot haha

Fake Mi2's are int he wild. search up on youtube. This is what recovery should look like on a original Mi2
IMG_20130103_071539.jpgIMG_20130103_071556.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Okey I got a fake one.
Made a movie from it. Hopefully i get my money back.

hopefully you do. that is a better fake then the one in the vid i found. Just by looking at the one in the vid i posted you can tell it's fake. your however looks exactly like mine only difference tell is the recovery and the imei. If you get money back this is a good place to get it got mine there and it's 100% original Mi2

Made one more movie, I have bought it here, looking at the reviews about the seller its trustworthy

this "Model Number: SM-MS0310" would have put me off. Mind you that could be a mistake or another reference for the Mi2. but no reviews on the phone itself. I hope you get money back. Make sure you contact alliexpress support as well.

oh wow.. looks pretty much a carbon copy even miui installed into it ... besides the internals... anyone can be fooled by these clones... its actually ironic... Chinese clone to a Chinese phone.... sorry mate.. i would have been really pissed of if that would happen to me.. and i actually have a order with that seller for a 3100 mah battery... I'm sure i will get a fake now !!

Damn.. pretty nice M2 copy. The proof is in 0:42 in his second movie. It says that device has qHD resolution! 540x960! Xiaomi M2 has 1280x720!
Its fake. Good .. but fake.

Hallo Ultrasonic, I have allready posted the same problem in other thread, now we know all that we have a fake Mi2. I just checked where you have bought it. Its strange I have bought it from the same seller... Have you contacted him? I have contacted him couple of hours ago, but still waiting for reply... Hope we can together get solved this problem. Please let me know, when the seller replies to your message.

That's a fake I wouldn't want to come across... I'd like to think I could tell the difference between 540p and 720p, but if you couldn't, I guess the only other way to tell that's a fake would be that the gap between "MI" and "www.xiaomi.com" on the back is smaller than the real deal.