Problems with Mi 8 10.1.2

alexsaragoca

Members
Dec 7, 2018
The stable version of 10.1.2 released yesterday is not working on my Mi8....
Anybody with the same problem?

I've already tried to wipe all the data and install a clean version... but the camera is not working and the power botton the same... It gets stucked in the lock screen and I can't do nothing....

Reactions: Kolobok737
I have the problem om my MI 8 with this new Stable ROM 10.1.2.0 too. After boot animation BLACK SCREEN and nothing.
There is XEU Stable 8.1 10.0.11.0 before install this new 10.1.2.0

My solution was a reset default factory (wipe data).

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

Obviously the problem is in updating from Android base Oreo to Pie

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

I did, and it works. But now all Data is gone. And I can't activate Full screen geastures. Worst Update ever!

Yea. U're right man. And it's not Magisk make black screen. I've uninstalled previous version of Magisk via TWRP zip uninstaller, then I've installed the rom with full wipes (Art/Dalvik, Cache, Data), made Format Data. MIUI downloaded ok, but after reboot BLACK SCREEEN.

HELLO XEU FANS! DON'T INSTALL THIS ROM ON MI 8 - GET THE BLACK SCREEN AFTER FIRST REBOOT!!!

I was unlocking my MI8 just yesterday and had some problems with TWRP only, the ROM is working fine after wiping data.

do U try reboot phone ? Is it working after reboot? My Mi 8 after the reboot load MIUI in BLACK SCREEN

I had to reboot several times until I got the right TWRP
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-3-0-mi-8-t3837745

Then wipe data and installed the ROM.
It was hanging at the first reboot, so I made after 1 min a manual reboot.

And everything was fine...

What reboot do U mean ? Reboot in MIUI or Reboot in TWRP. I'm talking about Reboot in MIUI, my MI 8 booted properly after install this rom via TWRP with Wipe Data, but after first enter in MIUI and then reboot it, it booted in Black Screen (as OFF screen) and all I can do it after push Power button, then select Reboot or Power Off. Desktop is absolutely BLACK, nothing.

I did it rollback my TWRP Backup and now it's ok. But first I needed install V10.0.11.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1 than I backed up via TWRP

What reboot do U mean ? Reboot in MIUI or Reboot in TWRP. I'm talking about Reboot in MIUI, my MI 8 booted properly after install this rom via TWRP with Wipe Data, but after first enter in MIUI and then reboot it, it booted in Black Screen (as OFF screen) and all I can do it after push Power button, then select Reboot or Power Off. Desktop is absolutely BLACK, nothing.

I did it rollback my TWRP Backup and now it's ok. But first I needed install V10.0.11.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1 than I backed up via TWRP

I came directly from the global ROM to 10.1.2.
No black Screen, it worked flawlessly.