Problems with updating

ClausG76

Members
Jun 26, 2021
Hello I just received a Xiaomi Mi 11 ultra Chn model with EU firmware installed.
It's on version 12.5.3 and the build in updater just downloaded version 12.5.7. When I try to install it, I get to the point where I have confirm that I want reboot into Recovery mode. But nothing happens, the updater app jus freezes. I can see that the update is downloaded to the root of the internal storage. There is a Recovery mode 5.0 installed. But it is very basic an only offers pc connection and reset funktion
Where do I go from here if I want to upgrade my phone?

Reactions: Stamp

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2021-06-26 114210.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2021-06-26 114210.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,480
Thanks
I haven't been using adb for years, that's one of the reasons I bought a phone with ye EU ROM already installed.
When I type ./adb devices in normal boot mode my phone is listed. But in fast boot the device line is empty.
I tried to install the Google usb driver from the SDK. But nothing works. There is no connection to my phone in fast boot mode

Thanks
I haven't been using adb for years, that's one of the reasons I bought a phone with ye EU ROM already installed.
When I type ./adb devices in normal boot mode my phone is listed. But in fast boot the device line is empty.
I tried to install the Google usb driver from the SDK. But nothing works. There is no connection to my phone in fast boot mode
Don't try to enter Fastboot by adb, use button combo and check again.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

I pressed volume down while powering my phone. I use PowerShell on windows with the commands from the folder with fastboot.exe and the twrp.img files

== How to install Xiaomi drivers on your computer ==

Download the latest version of Mi Unlock tool (zip file):

1) Create a ' miflash ' folder on your Desktop then extract the downloaded zip file to this created folder

2) Boot your phone to Fastboot mode (hold " Volume down " + " Power " buttons simultaneously until you see "FASTBOOT" screen)

3) On your computer, open miflash_unlock.exe (in ' miflash ' folder) => Go in "Settings" menu (gear icon) => Click on the first "Check" (from the top) => Allow to run this tool as an administrator (if asked ~ can be asked twice) => Now connect (or disconnect/reconnect) an USB cable from your phone to your computer => Done! You can now run fastboot commands.

P.S.: If drivers are not installed => Try with another USB cable or USB port. ;)

:)

Last edited:
== How to install Mi Driver on your computer (to fix phone detection) ==

Download this version of Mi Flash/Unlock:
- Do NOT install the latest "5.5.224.55" update of Mi Flash/Unlock

1) Boot your phone to Fastboot mode (hold " Volume down " + " Power " buttons simultaneously until you see "FASTBOOT" screen)

2) In Mi Flash/Unlock, on your computer, go in "Settings" menu (gear icon) => Click on the first "Check" (from the top) => Allow to run the tool as an administrator (if asked) => Now connect (or disconnect/reconnect) an USB cable from your phone to your computer => Done!

;)
Thank you very much
Installing the driver with mi flash tool made it work.

Thanks I just saw your earlier post and managed to get TWRP installed by installing the older driver from MiUnlock, THANKS. However now I can't seem to get into TWRP on the phone by Power+Vol UP... I get Mi logo, a vibrate, blank screen then when I let go, it still defaults back to standard phone login

Did you install the latest Xiaomi.eu ROM? If you don't install the latest Xiaomi.eu ROM, you have to "Inject TWRP" (in TWRP, it's in "Advanced" menu). ;)

You know what.. I am dumb.. just deciphered your keypress instructions... its powerup+vol up, then let go of power key n continue to hold vol up key till twrp stsarts... got it! Thanks

Can I also just say, 12.5.7 is da bomb! Definitely smoother and faster than 12.5.4, everything just loads quicker without some of the lag previously. No camera issues that I can tell, and about the only thing where jury's still out, is battery life.. then again with 65W warp charge, who cares. Thanks again EU team, great work and looking fwd to future enhancements.

== How to install Mi drivers on your computer (fix phone detection) ==

Download the latest version of Mi Flash Unlock Tool (zip file):

1) Create a ' miflash ' folder on your Desktop then extract the downloaded zip file to this created folder

2) Boot your phone to Fastboot mode (hold " Volume down " + " Power " buttons simultaneously until you see "FASTBOOT" screen)

3) On your computer, open miflash_unlock.exe (in ' miflash ' folder) => Go in "Settings" menu (gear icon) => Click on the first "Check" (from the top) => Allow to run this tool as an administrator (if asked ~ can be asked twice) => Now connect (or disconnect/reconnect) an USB cable from your phone to your computer => Done! You can now run fastboot commands.

P.S.: If drivers are not installed => Try with another USB cable or USB port. ;)

But what should I do when the phone is unresponsive.it wont boot. Won't show any icon when plug into charge.only vibrated once when plugged in and that's it

But what should I do when the phone is unresponsive.it wont boot. Won't show any icon when plug into charge.only vibrated once when plugged in and that's it
Your phone is dead, it's a hardware issue so contact your seller...

Your phone is dead, it's a hardware issue so contact your seller...
It was working fine yesterday.then once I tried connecting my headphones it would restart and the third time.it froze and went blank.when I plug it into the PC it vibrated once.could I be bricked instead of dead ?

== How to install Xiaomi drivers on your computer ==

Download the latest version of Mi Unlock tool (zip file):

Very much appreciated. All works fine. Thanks.

Reactions: Poney70
It was working fine yesterday.then once I tried connecting my headphones it would restart and the third time.it froze and went blank.when I plug it into the PC it vibrated once.could I be bricked instead of dead ?
Sounds like it is in edl mode. If you cannot force it in to fastboot mode, then time to contact someone with edl account permission or a service center.

Hi everyone, sorry I wanted to ask for help regarding this problem: I have an 11t pro unlocked, rooted and with the latest stable version of xiaomi.eu. I can not connect it to the pc, in the sense that the pc recognizes it but does not activate the usb debugging to transfer the files. I state that I have installed all idriver in all ways also by means of miflash, I have changed pc, cable, usb ports. Usb debugging is enabled by developer options. I do not know what to do. In my opinion the problem lies in the usb debugging service of the phone. (other xiaomi phones read quietly) Can you help me? thank you

Attachments

• photo_2022-05-24_12-28-13.jpg
    photo_2022-05-24_12-28-13.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 711
  • photo_2022-05-25_11-21-53.jpg
    photo_2022-05-25_11-21-53.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 700
  • photo_2022-05-25_11-22-07.jpg
    photo_2022-05-25_11-22-07.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 594
  • photo_2022-05-25_11-22-14.jpg
    photo_2022-05-25_11-22-14.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 699
Hi everyone, sorry I wanted to ask for help regarding this problem: I have an 11t pro unlocked, rooted and with the latest stable version of xiaomi.eu. I can not connect it to the pc, in the sense that the pc recognizes it but does not activate the usb debugging to transfer the files. I state that I have installed all idriver in all ways also by means of miflash, I have changed pc, cable, usb ports. Usb debugging is enabled by developer options. I do not know what to do. In my opinion the problem lies in the usb debugging service of the phone. (other xiaomi phones read quietly) Can you help me? thank you
Is there no notification or is there a notification and no MTP available?
  • No notification
    • Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> Android System -> Notifications -> USB connection
    • * Toggle on "Show notifications"
    • * Set "Importance" to "Minimal"
  • Notification and no MTP
    • Install USB drivers
for driver look here…

I have installed the drivers in all ways !! but can I reflect the same rom? do I lose everything?

I have installed the drivers in all ways !! but can I reflect the same rom? do I lose everything?
You can try to search on Windows Update for optional driver updates. I did this (Windows 11) and got updates for Android adb and composite interface, two of them, I don't remember exactly the names.
After that I did reboot the computer and also the Xiaomi device and then it was working. Good luck.