Proximity Sensor not working like it should BIG PROBLEM !!!

wartux

Members
Dec 18, 2020
I recently bought my Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro 8/128, brand new phone with originally MI Stickers from both sides of the box. And from the very start I was starting to see that proximity sensor doesn't work correctly as it should be, phone for example detects something like phone is out of my ear while I'm holding phone close to the ear and speaking, so he accidentaly by himself turns on the screen in the middle of my call. Second time when I see this problem is when the sensor turns off display sometimes he doesn't detect that my phone is not close to my ear anymore, so he wants to unlock or wake my screen and my display stays black for a minutes. The third time when problem appears, is when I'm talking with my phone and turn on speakerphone, and want something to see on my browser or see anything other like YT VIdeo, any other application while I'm talking on my phone, sensor turns on my screen, but only for a couple of a seconds, and than he turn off my screen again, even I'm not holding my phone close to the ear and screen won't turn on again. I'm really pieced of this proximity sensor problem, on a brand new Xiaomi phones. This ultrasonic proximity sensor is very bad, and this phone will be my last Xiaomi phone, if you don't fix this very very big problem. Earlier phones with infrared proximity sensors were 1000x better and they woked accurately. Please, I gave 560 Euros for this phone, fix this bug. I recently updated my phone to the latest version of software: MIUI Global 12.0.13 Stable and it is Android 10 Version. Does anyone know if I install Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro EU Rom instead of my GLOBAL will take away this problem ??? HELP PLS

Last edited:
I recently bought my Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro 8/128, brand new phone with originally MI Stickers from both sides of the box. And from the very start I was starting to see that proximity sensor doesn't work correctly as it should be, phone for example detects something like phone is out of my ear while I'm holding phone close to the ear and speaking, so he accidentaly by himself turns on the screen in the middle of my call. Second time when I see this problem is when the sensor turns off display sometimes he doesn't detect that my phone is not close to my ear anymore, so he wants to unlock or wake my screen and my display stays black for a minutes. The third time when problem appears, is when I'm talking with my phone and turn on speakerphone, and want something to see on my browser or see anything other like YT VIdeo, any other application while I'm talking on my phone, sensor turns on my screen, but only for a couple of a seconds, and than he turn off my screen again, even I'm not holding my phone close to the ear and screen won't turn on again. I'm really pieced of this proximity sensor problem, on a brand new Xiaomi phones. This ultrasonic proximity sensor is very bad, and this phone will be my last Xiaomi phone, if you don't fix this very very big problem. Earlier phones with infrared proximity sensors were 1000x better and they woked accurately. Please, I gave 560 Euros for this phone, fix this bug. I recently updated my phone to the latest version of software: MIUI Global 12.0.13 Stable and it is Android 10 Version. Does anyone know if I install Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro EU Rom instead of my GLOBAL will take away this problem ??? HELP PLS
I think you shouldn't look for the firmware on which the sensor will work normally. Such a trifle as a sensor in a phone for 560 euros must work properly from the beginning in stock rom. There is no official support for xiaomi phones here, write about this issue on official mi.com. Or contact an authorized service center with this problem.

Last edited:
I have the exact same problem. I even turned off proximity sensor in settings but it still turns off the screen. I dont think your device is defective. But surely it isn't fault of Xiaomi.EU .