Proximity Sensor Stop Working

bastard79

Members
Jan 10, 2017
Hi folks :)

my wife have mi4 3GB LTE about 2 years, from about last 6 months proximity sensor stop working and i must disable it ;(

trying to calibrate but always failure, autobrightness working is it the same sensor ?

how to fix this, is it software bug or hardware problem

please help

using latest xiaomi.eu rom downloaded from miuipolska,

Same thing here, very annoying.

I don't think it's the same sensor, i would guess the autobrightness function uses the light sensor.

There are three ways of debugging this situation:

1) First check if the screen protector (film or tempered glass) is covering the Proximity Sensor.
If it is, try to remove the part that it is covering it.
The Proximity sensor is located at the front, on the top of the phone, to the left of the call speaker.

2) Calibrate the proximity sensor, dialling: *#*#6424#*#* (on Phone app).
Choose Proximity sensor and Calibrate it following the instructions on the screen.

3) You can turn it off by going into the Contacts app:
Contacts -> Settings -> Incoming Call Settings -> Proximity Sensor -> ON by default, which you can turn it to OFF.

4) Add the option to turn the call off with the Power button (the one I always recommend):
Go to Settings -> Additional settings -> Accessibility -> Rehabilitate the option to "Turn off calls through the power button" (or something similar).

If the first three options do not work for your device, then it might be an issue with your sensor.

Hope this helps you!