Push Notification (ios) Alarm In Mihome App

dendrees

Members
Jun 6, 2017
Hi,

I am using the Mi home products for a year now and I recently noticed that the push notification function for the alarm is not working anymore. It enabled in the app (Push alarm message via mobile phone) but greyed out.

I am using the Mihome app 4.5.0 for iOS. The app version before this one had the same issue.

The gateway alarm is useless now. Is there an issue? Can you help me please.

Having the same issue. I have 3 smart home hubs, in 3 locations and not able to get push notification from any of them on my iphone, although they are turned, I have been using Xiaomi smart home hubs for more than a year also.

So this looks like it is on there server most probably.

Any one?

Reactions: Luka78
Ok found the solution... from settings within the app switch to the us server, of course you won’t see any of your MI Accessories listed, wait for a minute are so. Exit the app, lauch the app again and switch back to mainland. All your Mi product will reappear and the push notifications will work again. I have no idea why, but that did the trik for me. Let me know if it worked for you.

I have the same issue, only happens with ios, android works fine. My solution is delete and reinstall, but only works a few days and then disable notification again.

Did anyone solve this problem? I tried the server reset solution but this didn’t work for me???

I have the same problem. Please help. I'm using iOS and suddenly notification doesn't work anymore. They were working for about 3 months without a brake.

Mihauu. Try resetting the location to US then close the app. Re-open and set back to Mainland China.

It didn’t work for me at first, but later it appears to do the job. I now have notifications.

I have Mi app installed on 2 phones. I will try to do it on both phones and I'll report back if it helped.

Unfortunately It didn’t help. No notifications at all. I also noticed that new scenes I created don’t work as well. They appear on automation list, but do nothing. What is happening? I’m so confused because I use to used Mi home app without any problems and now it’s dead!

Sorry about that. The notifications did work for me when I followed the server change instructions two days ago. However, hearing your feedback I checked again and my notifications have now stopped working!!!! I tried the server change and it didn’t resolve the problem this time ( but my automations do still work apart from the notification).

I to am frustrated. I get no response when I write to Xiaomi. And, let’s be honest, without notifications using this system for home security is a waste of time.

Same problem here with Mijia 1080p, I mean, the cam is detecting movement but not sending PUSH notifications.

But with my old Yi, the cam that you can’t update if you are outside China, I’m still receiving PUSH notifications.

I’m sure it’s a software’s problem, and I think all the devices are suffering the same problem (not only IOS).

Finally, I tried all the solutions that you’re explained here, but it’s don’t work for me.

Umel

I hope this is software/server issue and it will be solve asap

Anyway, let me know if notifications came back.

Last edited:
Same problem.
For iOS not working, and for Android working☹️
A software / server push notifications problem?

I have the same problem here. The automations seems to work but no IOS push notifications. Thats pretty worthless. Stopped working around 12-3-2018.
Please Xiaomi, fix asap please? Or keep us informed.

Very simple!!!

De install the Mi app

Go to the AppStore and install the Mi App and it will work again!!!!!