[Q] Market Fix

mechanical me

Members
Nov 17, 2010
When I updated my market to the new one it kept force closing...so I reverted to the old one and fcs still occur. Does anyone know how to stop this? thanks

Long press Home, open app manager, go to All, scroll down to Market. Press clear data.

Reload market, should be fine now.

Still fcs like a mofo :-\

Sent from my dong

Download the latest Gapps with old market & new market
1. You need to clear market data.
2. Flash the latest gapps with old market through recovery without clear dalvik & cache.
3. Open the market & accept the agreement then close it.
4. Flash the latest Gapps with new market without clear cache & dalvik.

Then latest market version run okay.

Hey Guys

Same subject, didn't want another thread.

Updated gapps and cleared market and reinstalled, as mentioned above.

Got the new market, but the titles on main page that say apps/games/my apps are cut off at middle and list of apps in scrollable window look like they are double spaced. Never saw that before. And I updated on other roms.

Anyone experience that?

Ken

Hey Guys

Same subject, didn't want another thread.

Updated gapps and cleared market and reinstalled, as mentioned above.

Got the new market, but the titles on main page that say apps/games/my apps are cut off at middle and list of apps in scrollable window look like they are double spaced. Never saw that before. And I updated on other roms.

Anyone experience that?

Ken

Actually check out this thread.

http://miui-dev.com/forums/showthread.php?1196-New-Android-Market

I think the last few pages has the fix. But, Mark recommends staying with the old market and wait for the update within the rom.

Thanks wii

I'll wait, I actually like the old market

I'll just restore to my last bu I made. Made Today! lol

Hey, side question. I bu thru recovery, but i have done MIUI also. The whole system bu. Some folks were having issues with that. Anyone successful. Not sure I need two different bu's if the MIUI one is flakey. Iy was a whilw back that I read that.

Ken

Thanks wii

I'll wait, I actually like the old market

I'll just restore to my last bu I made. Made Today! lol

Hey, side question. I bu thru recovery, but i have done MIUI also. The whole system bu. Some folks were having issues with that. Anyone successful. Not sure I need two different bu's if the MIUI one is flakey. Iy was a whilw back that I read that.

Ken

I believe MIUI backup just goes to nandroid and you backup. I heard most ppl were having backup problems with amon ra 2.0 according to xda.

he should be releasing a smaller version of the recovery soon.

Hell, I can't even load 2.0 I'm still on 1.7

OK wii and sd,

I am ok on CW or Amon 2.0. I'll watch more carefully on MIUI bu, didn't pay attn. If it is just CW, I''ll forget it. Don't remember going into CW recovery after selecting the MIUI bu of full system. Makes sense that it would use the current recovery.

I will try the link you posted sd and report. Thanks!

Ken

Thanks Mark,

I'll look at both, not that good at adb. So, may ask for more instructions on were to get the apk from. Not sure how to do that.

Ken

Mine seems ok so far, used link for .zip from post 9

Don't use it that much right now though

Did have a screen freeze, not the market. Hanging X after batt pull, had to restore.

Otherwise running great

Ken