Question battery 2500mAh

Fake doesn't mean it won't work. If you mean fake as in not xiaomi.
If you mean Fake as in not we'll made etc that's a different story.
Anybody recommend a non xiaomi battery?
Getting xiaomi brand on aliexpress means it's just a bright coloured non oem, which isn't in itself a problem as long as it behaves itself.

The questions are :
Is it safe?A lot of no name batteries get damaged or even explode.
Is it truly 2500?
Does it fit with the standard back cover?
I'm looking for a battery too, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

The questions are :
Is it safe?A lot of no name batteries get damaged or even explode.
Is it truly 2500?
Does it fit with the standard back cover?
I'm looking for a battery too, any suggestions greatly appreciated.
1) It's unanswerable. Even original battery can explode. But it's less likely than after-market batteries.
2) Most likely no. According my experience, these over-rated batteries usually have even smaller capacity than genuine battery.
3) It suppose to fit, it's BM20.

My advice: Get genuine battery, no matter if BM20 or BM30. You bought 300+$ phone, so why to try save money(10$) at crucial components?

My advice: Get genuine battery, no matter if BM20 or BM30. You bought 300+$ phone, so why to try save money(10$) at crucial components?
Totally agree with you, just looking for higher capacity battery without changing backcover and there ain't genuine ones.

Reactions: jauling
Current density of batteries with same chemistry is almost same. So it's impossible to make battery with 1/4 more capacity at same dimensions.

i was about to disagree with @davfiala since there are some companies, like seidio, who create batteries that are slightly more capacity with the same size, but he has a point. even seidio only carries batteries that have slightly more capacity. cramming an extra 500mah is a lot, it seems either 1) dangerous or 2) inaccurate.

Reactions: davfiala
Since we opened the subject, can anyone recommend good companies that make batteries?Not only for mi2s but in general.I know only mugen as a reliable battery maker.

Thanks to all, I really appreciate you answers.., Ok, Im gonna go for the genuine battery for safety^_^

I use these, no dangerous stuff has happened but it does feel like it doesn't last as long as original.
uploadfromtaptalk1410244655780.jpg