QUESTION flash latest beta from global 11.0.6

Coolek33

Members
Oct 9, 2017
Hi. I have a question about flashing from global 11.0.6. It is on Android 9 and I want to flash latest Xiaom.eu beta and It is on Android 10. I just want to know if It can lock my bootloader on my mi9se? I had this kind of situation twice on previous devices and I had to Ask for edl flash with authorised account. Thanks in advance.

The answer to your question is, no, flashing firmware in TWRP won't lock your bootloader. Never lock your bootloader if you are unsure, and double check your settings before clicking on that "Start" button in Mi Flash Tool.

Well I wrote that updating roms on my previous devices (redmi 5 and 6pro) Locked BL for me. It was when newer release was on higher Android version. Same will be here on mi9se. It's on global 9 and latest xiaomi.eu is 10 so I'm a little bit scared. Anyways, I have to try it for myself.

In your previous devices, did you use Mi Flash Tool to flash ROMs? If you did, then you should take care not to select Flash and Lock, which is the default by the way.

Mi Flash tool flashes ROMs from fastboot. Flashing custom ROMs is from custom recovery.

Sent from my MI 9 (Cepheus) using Tapatalk

No. Upgrade in twrp locked BL for me twice. Once on redmi 5 when coming from android 7 to 8 and second time on redmi 6 pro when coming from 8 to 9 on xiaomi.eu. That's why I'm asking. Redmi 5 I've unlocked myself without problems but 6 had to be flashed with miflash in edl to get it working.