Questions from a newbie...

saarp

Members
Sep 17, 2018
Hello.

I apologize for opening a new thread, I am new here and not so familiar with the EU MIUI versions. I am confused and have many questions.
I came here due to the last news that Xiaomi started to block OTA updates for "Global" devices which are not originally global, and I am afraid that my phone is like this and in the near future will become not-usable.
So I consider to install the EU MIUI for my MiNote3 phone, which I bought on last April.
It came with a Global Stable and had a few OTA updates since I bought it. Last update was very long ago.

It is now in version Global Stable (9.6.2.0 NCHMIFD) and I am thinking about flashing it to Stable MIUI EU 10.0.2.0 CHCNFH
What are the advantages/disadvantages of this move, except for that I will need to wipe the data from the device?
Is there anything that should not work? (i.e. problems with Camera? fingerprint? google play? call recordings?)
any features that should suddenly work? (i.e. face recognition?)

Does this ROM comes as a "root" enabled?

Should I lock the bootloader afterwards?

Does this EU ROM includes "automatic" OTA updates?

Thank you!

Hi, everything is working correctly on eu roms. They are based on China rom and have more frequent updates. The rom doesn't include root - you can flash Magisk yourself. You should not lock the bootloader on custom rom (eu rom ot others) - it will brick the device. And yes the rom include Ota updates.

Thank you for the quick reply.
Is there any "friendly" list of features or comparison between global stable and EU stable?

For my modest opinion based on only few days of use, using Xiaomi.eu developer rom the phone seems more reactive then global version opening app.
About this i ask if other users have noted this.
About camera i did't try it until now, some people say that is better on global version.