Questions on TWRP backup

dekdek1

Members
Nov 18, 2020
Hi.. Would like to ask..im currently on China rom..

Can i backup my phone via twrp (in china rom) then flash to EU rom.. Then restore the backup.

Will it cause any issue as the backup is in china rom and restore to EU rom?

Hi.. Would like to ask..im currently on China rom..

Can i backup my phone via twrp (in china rom) then flash to EU rom.. Then restore the backup.

Will it cause any issue as the backup is in china rom and restore to EU rom?
YES you can, but TWRP, in these days is the less reliable backup tool.
SECOND: without unlocking the bootloader moving to another region rom is always at risk.
But you are the boss, not me...

SECOND: without unlocking the bootloader moving to another region rom is always at risk.

Thanx.. May i know your personal choice of apps for backup? I like twrp backup as it can restore everything including the system setting.

you can use twrp and switch, also you can use fastboot and miflash BUT do not lock bootloader when switching from cn to eu!

You could use titanium backup ( pro ) to backup your stuff. Remembet when you format data, first copy your backup to pc :)

can you actually still do that? move from CN to Global Rom for example with locked boot loader? I was convinced that this is not possible.

can you actually still do that? move from CN to Global Rom for example with locked boot loader? I was convinced that this is not possible.
Can you use MIFLASH without unlocking the bootloader?
So, don't ask and stay with stock or unlock it and.......move to EU rom.

Can you use MIFLASH without unlocking the bootloader?
So, don't ask and stay with stock or unlock it and.......move to EU rom.
Dude wtf of a answer is that? I'm on EU with unlocked BL and I just wanted to know if it's actually possible or not...