Invalid "Recent Apps"-Function crashes System Launcher

Neuralgia

Members
Sep 27, 2020
Hello,

i'm pretty new to Xiaomi EU Rom and hope i'm doing right with reporting this bug :)

I'm using Nova Launcher and when i tap on the "Open Recent Apps" Button i just get a notification that System Launcher keeps on crashing, sometimes it opens but only shows a blank screen.

If im using the System Launcher as default Launcher the recent Apps function is working.

I think it has something to do with the Xiaomi EU Rom since this is happening since the latest weekly update.

If you need any further information just let me know.

If somebody knows what to do to fix this i would be very happy :)

Best Regards!

Hello,

i'm pretty new to Xiaomi EU Rom and hope i'm doing right with reporting this bug :)

I'm using Nova Launcher and when i tap on the "Open Recent Apps" Button i just get a notification that System Launcher keeps on crashing, sometimes it opens but only shows a blank screen.

If im using the System Launcher as default Launcher the recent Apps function is working.

I think it has something to do with the Xiaomi EU Rom since this is happening since the latest weekly update.

If you need any further information just let me know.

If somebody knows what to do to fix this i would be very happy :)

Best Regards!
Hello,

What's your device?

Try to reboot your device and check if this fixes your issue. ;)

Hi,

it's a Xiaomi Mi 10.

Tried rebooting of course a multiple times. Also searched any Setting that comes with Xiaomi Rom and Nova couldn't fix the problem.

Hi,

it's a Xiaomi Mi 10.

Tried rebooting of course a multiple times. Also searched any Setting that comes with Xiaomi Rom and Nova couldn't fix the problem.
Ok, can you reproduce the crash and click on "View summary" link. Paste the summary content here. ;)

Hello. Sorry for late reply. Here ist the Report
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.miui.home/com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean com.miui.home.launcher.Launcher.isWindowFocus()' on a null object reference
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:663)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:67)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:52)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:101)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean com.miui.home.launcher.Launcher.isWindowFocus()' on a null object reference
at com.miui.home.recents.views.RecentsView.loadTaskStack(Unknown Source:29)
at com.miui.home.recents.views.RecentsView.reloadStackView(Unknown Source:5)
at com.miui.home.recents.views.RecentsView.reloadStackView(Unknown Source:1)
at com.miui.home.recents.views.RecentsView.showCurrentTask(Unknown Source:3)
at com.miui.home.recents.AppToOverviewAnimationProvider.onActivityReady(Unknown Source:25)
at com.miui.home.recents.OverviewCommandHelper$RecentsActivityCommand.onActivityReady(Unknown Source:2)
at com.miui.home.recents.OverviewCommandHelper$RecentsActivityCommand.lambda$x04l5b2P_FPCg22IymqGOAyQ_u8(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.home.recents.-$$Lambda$OverviewCommandHelper$RecentsActivityCommand$x04l5b2P_FPCg22IymqGOAyQ_u8.test(Unknown Source:6)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker.init(Unknown Source:6)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker.access$200(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker$Scheduler.initIfPending(Unknown Source:11)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker.onRecentsActivityCreate(Unknown Source:10)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:6)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:48)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:399)
... 11 more

No problem. :)

Can you try to clear "All app data" of the "Miui Launcher" app in phone's settings and check if you can reproduce your issue?

;)

Hi… if it does not work, try this:

Start TWRP -> select Advanced -> choose File Manager and delete the folders if exist
  • /cache
  • /data/dalvik-cache
  • /data/system/package_cache

Last edited:
Hello.

I Fried Clearing all app Data and wiping dalvik Cash. Issue ist still the Same :/

Thann you Guys so much for your time

Hello.

I Fried Clearing all app Data and wiping dalvik Cash. Issue ist still the Same :/

Thann you Guys so much for your time

Did you delete the folders? Please tell us in detail what you did. Poney and I gave you hints.