Recents Button??

sith_lord

Members
Nov 25, 2017
Today I was going through some settings and in 'Additional settings' > 'Button and gesture shortcuts' I ran into an option to define a function for a Recents button (under Press navigation buttons).

For all I know, there are:
- volume buttons and on/off button on the side of the phone
and
- Menu (left), Home (middle), Back (right)

So my question is - am I missing something or this option for "Recents button" is totally uncalled for?

Note 4X SD // MIUI 9 (NCFCNEI)

Last edited:
The menu/settings button has become the recents button in Android generally, hasn't it?

I will go with "I am not sure" - there are Home, Menu and Back button (according to the available options in the above-mentioned settings), meaning that Recents would be 4th.
Or Recents in this case is supposed to mean something else?

I've edited my original post to reflect the official names.

Screenshot.png

Last edited:
Today I was going through some settings and in 'Additional settings' > 'Button and gesture shortcuts' I ran into an option to define a function for a Recents button (under Press navigation buttons).

For all I know, there are:
- volume buttons and on/off button on the side of the phone
and
- Menu (left), Home (middle), Back (right)

So my question is - am I missing something or this option for "Recents button" is totally uncalled for?

Note 4X SD // MIUI 9 (NCFCNEI)
Before, on old version it is called menu. In new version of miui, it changed to recent since new version of android replaced it. Whether you have old or new device, they name it as recent in setting.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk