Redmi 1s Not Charging

Thomas Fowler

Members
Sep 29, 2015
I bought my phone in September 2014 from DrakoTech on Amazon. In September 2015 I had to get a new battery as the original one had stopped working. My phone is currently running an official English version of MIUI 7 (V7.1.1.0.KHCMICK) on Android 4.2. The problem started a week ago when my phone battery had completely run out so I put it to charge with my UGREEN charger (5V-1A) and Anker USB cable. There was no reaction at all from my phone so after leaving it plugged in for 10 hours I tried inserting a spare battery in the phone and it would charge if the battery wasn't totally dead. I noticed that my phone wasn't able to charge totally dead batteries but only batteries that had at least 1% battery. Yesterday my battery ran out and I inserted it in my phone and initially the LED started flashing as if it was going to turn on, but then the LED was of a constant red color that soon dimmed. The same would happen if I insert it in another Redmi 1S. The problem is that now, even with the spare battery, my phone will not charge. I have also tried with the original charger and the spare (original) battery but the phone won't respond at all or it will show the battery percentage without actually charging.Also both my mac and Windows computer will not read my phone, with or without battery.
I am assuming that this is a charger port problem and a problem with the latest battery I bought.I live in Naples, Italy so I don't know of any official MIUI repair centers.
Thanks for your time.

I bought my phone in September 2014 from DrakoTech on Amazon. In September 2015 I had to get a new battery as the original one had stopped working. My phone is currently running an official English version of MIUI 7 (V7.1.1.0.KHCMICK) on Android 4.2. The problem started a week ago when my phone battery had completely run out so I put it to charge with my UGREEN charger (5V-1A) and Anker USB cable. There was no reaction at all from my phone so after leaving it plugged in for 10 hours I tried inserting a spare battery in the phone and it would charge if the battery wasn't totally dead. I noticed that my phone wasn't able to charge totally dead batteries but only batteries that had at least 1% battery. Yesterday my battery ran out and I inserted it in my phone and initially the LED started flashing as if it was going to turn on, but then the LED was of a constant red color that soon dimmed. The same would happen if I insert it in another Redmi 1S. The problem is that now, even with the spare battery, my phone will not charge. I have also tried with the original charger and the spare (original) battery but the phone won't respond at all or it will show the battery percentage without actually charging.Also both my mac and Windows computer will not read my phone, with or without battery.
I am assuming that this is a charger port problem and a problem with the latest battery I bought.I live in Naples, Italy so I don't know of any official MIUI repair centers.
Thanks for your time.
Hello, i face the same problem now. Did you fix it?

Alex