Redmi 1s ROM identification help

Sere83

Members
Mar 20, 2012
Hi there,

Bought a couple of redmi 1s' one for a friend and one i might keep or sell, not sure yet. Phone seems to come with a multi language rom and google play installed.

I suspect this may not be the standard chinese rom that has OTA updates. I want top be able to get OTA updates, so is there any way I can tell if it is or isn't the official chinese rom? (dont need multi language just need English)

If it is not, can someone direct me to where to get the stock chinese rom? I presume then you just transfer to memory card, wipe data/cache etc then flash chinese rom, then can just download google sevices from xioami app store yes? Then OTA will work?

Last edited:
yes, you can download the rom from the official miui website http://en.miui.com

search "google" on Miui market and use the google installer (http://app.xiaomi.com/detail/36925), this one work well for me on Nexus 4, not sure about 1s

both official and xiaomi.eu multi have OTA

official rom don't have multilang, it also have an third tab "yellow page" or "Directory" in dialer i think

yes

Thanks for your help cpasmoi! Much appreciated

Yeah I used to run xiaomi.eu roms on my old xiaomi m1 and heard they were supposed to be OTA but never actual recieved an OTA update.

Is the main differnce now between Xiaomi.eu and official chinese rom just the multi language or are they still doing extra big fixes here?

Also, if they multilanguage rom currently installed on this redmi 1s is not from here, where else could it have come from?

Ok sweet. But when I say OTA is supported I mean when you run a xiaomi.eu rom do the updated roms get pushed straight to your phone automaticlly without having to manually install and you will recive an alert to upgrade?

Yep, you'll recieve a notification to download the OTA.

Its super slow since it has to go through xiaomi servers (just like the official), so doing it manual is faster. But it DOES work.

Yep, you'll recieve a notification to download the OTA.

Its super slow since it has to go through xiaomi servers (just like the official), so doing it manual is faster. But it DOES work.

Nice one thanks for the info.

I have checked my version number and it is MIUI-JHCCNBD23.0 . Is this an official rom? how come it is multi language?