Redmi 3 And Unofficial Rom

k31k0

Members
Jan 23, 2016
Hi!

I'm planning to buy the Redmi 3 phone from Giztop. Since I'm new to the Xiaomi phones, I just want to ask about installing the ROMs from this page. I suppose I need to wait for the phone to show up on the device list on the ROMs download page (http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-1-21.29600/), right? Then I just download the right ROM and install it following the instructions.

Hi!

I'm planning to buy the Redmi 3 phone from Giztop. Since I'm new to the Xiaomi phones, I just want to ask about installing the ROMs from this page. I suppose I need to wait for the phone to show up on the device list on the ROMs download page (http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-1-21.29600/), right? Then I just download the right ROM and install it following the instructions.

Hi, I'm not an expert in Xiaomi phones, but I guess it will work as in others, meaning you have to type the device first, unlock the bootloader etc., unless this is what you mean by "following the instructions"

I don't quite understand. By following the instructions I was talking about the tutorial "How to upgrade/update MIUI" by iBotPeaches in the Questions&Answers subforum. He says download the files, backup your data, wipe cache&dalvik and then flash the ROM. He doesn't say anything about unlocking the bootloader in there.

Poslano sa mog SM-G800H koristeći Tapatalk

I've ordered a redmi 3 but I've no doubt the bootloader will be locked. This will prevent any eu rom going on, have a look at the redmi note 3 section to see what effect it's had. Thankfully over there, loxar has saved the day!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

I've ordered a redmi 3 but I've no doubt the bootloader will be locked. This will prevent any eu rom going on, have a look at the redmi note 3 section to see what effect it's had. Thankfully over there, loxar has saved the day!

OK, now you scared me a little. You're saying that I won't be able to flash any ROM if the bootloader is locked?

It's not simple to install the xiaomi eu rom I meant, for the redmi note 3 with locked bootloader we can't access recovery in order to put the non official Rom onto it.
We also have root issues.

The work around for the rn3 is either get bootloader unlocked (I'm still waiting for the code for xiaomi) or use fast boot and put a Rom on if we're lucky enough to have one made like loxar has.
Loxar has truly saved the day for the rn3!

I don't know if the redmi 3 bootloader is locked, but it's likely I'm afraid. I just hope there's a work around for eu rom and root.

Do you know if Redmi 2 had bootloader locked? If it isn't, maybe they will do the same with Redmi 3.

Rn2 didn't but rn3 has then mi4c and mi4i, I think have locked bootloader also so it's likely it's going to apply to subsequent phones surely?

I have ordered a redmi 3 from ibuygou so I'll find out whenever it arrives!

Thanks for the info. I saw few video reviews on this and other forum and asked those users if the bootloader is locked or not. We'll see what they say.

Poslano sa mog SM-G800H koristeći Tapatalk

It's not the end of the world if it is, just hope loxar gets one

It's not the end of the world if it is, just hope loxar gets one

Well, LoXaR will have one and also me to, but we need your help to make some changes..first of all we need to try some methode to flash it.
If you read in some place some informations abaut it, post it here.
Thx

I have read somewhere that the bootloader is locked and that all Xiaomi phones in the future will have locked bootloader :(

I have read somewhere that the bootloader is locked and that all Xiaomi phones in the future will have locked bootloader :(
Yes, the bootloader will be locked but that is not very important if we all can flash it and root it by some other method with lock bootloader

Awesome! I get my r3 tomorrow hopefully

It came early!
uploadfromtaptalk1453991927052.jpg

Reactions: spielerman