Redmi 3 Pro Gps Issue

hello guys. Im facing that same issue !! I opened a bug thread on miui forums. please register and confirm the bug so they will fix it asap ! Thanks !
I cant post links because im new here so please remove the spaces from the link
en. miui. com/thread-463675-1-2.html

So i have tested since yesterday on three redmi 3 pro this manipulation.

Disable mi.com location from the Settings and Account menu and then restart the redmi 3 pro.

Endomondo / runtastic and run keeper work perfectly .

If I reactivate the mi / com localization nothing works so it is a problem with miui!
Could you please tell me how to do that? I do not find the way to deactivate location for MI account.
Tnx

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Tnx for the answer, but I do not find the properly option in menu to deactivate it (or maybe I do not find the right menu).
I found only the way to deactivate 'find my phone ' but, if I go in MI account, there's my location and there's no way to deactivate it (.eu rom).
Could you please indicate me it in another way.
Thanks in advance

I also did not get, where to find these settings, I have to admit.

The problem with the GPS is, that in the beginning it all seems to work fine but after some random time the GPS signal gets lost. And its not a problem of the App like Strava completely closing, it just loses the signal but the time keeps running, so the app itself is running.

I tried with all the energy options and evth, but it still likes to lose the GPS signal in Strava or any other Tracking App.

I will try now to log out of the Mi Account and see if it helps. It might help as I have seen a couple of times, that when the Tracking App lost the GPS, I saw a MIUI notification, that the location was set. This gave me the feeling, that the access/permission to the GPS gets stolen from the tracking app by the system...

After a month on LineageOS, I switched back to MIUI because of some annoying bug (I was loosing data connection switching to 2G while under wifi and back to 4G while without).
I see GPS is still an issue even though they wrote it was fixed - this pissed me off.
In my case, using derek gordon's settings solved the problem (with TOPntp app), I guess there is no other way round.
As for this mi.com location settings, I wasn't able to find them as well, but @linkser 's theory could be right.

I didnt update to the recently released Global Stable 8.2.4, so I dont know, if in this version it got finally fixed. With 8.1.1 it is for sure not.

I will give it a try to the TOPntp app. But as this issue appears randomly and is not easily reproducible... sometimes it loses the signal in the tracking app after 15minutes, sometimes it is tracking nicely for 5 hours without any problem.

I think I found out what was posted above: if you turn off the diagnostics and the user experience program from the privacy settings, the GPS works almost flawlessly!
Now this sounds really stupid...

Not too sure about it, I have those two things deactivated since long time... now it was fine for about 2-3 weeks until yesterday it was randomly losing the signal again.

I will try the new V8.2.5.0 soon but its really a pain, as it might work in 90% of the times and all of a sudden it will not work again. No way to test quickly if the problem is really solved.

After a month on LineageOS, I switched back to MIUI because of some annoying bug (I was loosing data connection switching to 2G while under wifi and back to 4G while without).
I see GPS is still an issue even though they wrote it was fixed - this pissed me off.
In my case, using derek gordon's settings solved the problem (with TOPntp app), I guess there is no other way round.
As for this mi.com location settings, I wasn't able to find them as well, but @linkser 's theory could be right.
Hi,could you explain me what did u do with that app and settings? I'm right now on cm13 and, unfortunately, I've the same issues (also with miui,los14,etc).
Thanks in advance.

EDIT I found it, I'll try with worldwide settings, I'll give a feedback

Last edited:
Hi,could you explain me what did u do with that app and settings? I'm right now on cm13 and, unfortunately, I've the same issues (also with miui,los14,etc).
Thanks in advance.

EDIT I found it, I'll try with worldwide settings, I'll give a feedback

I didn't have issues with LOS, actually the GPS was perfect.
On MIUI it still goes off very briefly sometimes, I should try changing the GPS.conf file and see what happens to provide more data.