Redmi 3 Pro Support?

Redmi3Pro

Members
Apr 7, 2016
Hi, I'm going to order a Redmi 3 Pro but am waiting for Xiaomi.eu support, when is this expected, it should be quick right? Will the same rom support both variants?

I too am wondering this! The phone came out the day before I was supposed to order my Redmi 3 and the bump in RAM and storage are much appreciated. Also the fingerprint scanner is nice for quick unlocking (I currently don't use a screenlock cause I cba with it every time I use the phone, but this also means it sometimes unlocks in my pocket), but does this require the ROM to be different, or is firm-/software for that built into Android itself (so basically any ROM will work with the scanner)?

I too am wondering this! The phone came out the day before I was supposed to order my Redmi 3 and the bump in RAM and storage are much appreciated. Also the fingerprint scanner is nice for quick unlocking (I currently don't use a screenlock cause I cba with it every time I use the phone, but this also means it sometimes unlocks in my pocket), but does this require the ROM to be different, or is firm-/software for that built into Android itself (so basically any ROM will work with the scanner)?
See I'm not even bothered about the fingerprint scanner, so as long as it can see the ram and storage that's enough for me! I just don't know if that is hard coded in a rom or it detects it automatically.

See I'm not even bothered about the fingerprint scanner, so as long as it can see the ram and storage that's enough for me! I just don't know if that is hard coded in a rom or it detects it automatically.

Yeah, I think most of the time they are a gimmick but for my specific situation it is nice. The only reason I want to have a screenlock is to prevent the phone from unlocking itself, but entering a pin or pattern every time would drive me mental.

I don't think the amount of RAM and storage matters in the ROM. Most phones that have multiple RAM/storage configurations come with the exact same software on them. Android appears to just measure it, rather than display what it's told to display. Kind of when you add more RAM to your PC, Windows will just accept it (as long as it's under 4GB or you have 64bit Windows, that is).

Hopefully that's the case, I'd like one of the team to confirm this really before I buy!

Yeah, I too would really like confirmation on this!

Pre-ordered mine earlier this morning as I'm sure that either way there'll be a decent ROM :)